GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check Daytime Running Light

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI Autobahn
I have a MK 7 2015 GTI Autobahn, and I am having an issue with my Left Daytime running light. The best way I can describe this is the U-shaped LED light doesn't turn on when my lights are switched to auto. I get a warning on the Dash saying to check my left daytime running light. I have a few questions. 1st, do I have to replace the whole headlight housing in order to fix this? (I know I have condensation building in the housing) 2nd, if I don't have to replace the whole unit what part specifically is wrong that causes the U barred led to go out? 3rd, if I replace the outside bulb will it fix the daytime running light bar? 4th is there a way to fix this with some sort of code? I've attached two pictures of the lights for reference.

Attachments

• RHL_GTI.jpg
    RHL_GTI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • LHL_GTI.jpg
    LHL_GTI.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Aidan ferg

Car(s)
Mk7 gti autobahn
Hey im having the same problem it may be your left drl module as thats the fault it give me on obd11 ill let you know if that fixes it

Aidan ferg

Car(s)
Mk7 gti autobahn
I have a MK 7 2015 GTI Autobahn, and I am having an issue with my Left Daytime running light. The best way I can describe this is the U-shaped LED light doesn't turn on when my lights are switched to auto. I get a warning on the Dash saying to check my left daytime running light. I have a few questions. 1st, do I have to replace the whole headlight housing in order to fix this? (I know I have condensation building in the housing) 2nd, if I don't have to replace the whole unit what part specifically is wrong that causes the U barred led to go out? 3rd, if I replace the outside bulb will it fix the daytime running light bar? 4th is there a way to fix this with some sort of code? I've attached two pictures of the lights for reference.
Hey swap your right and left drl module to check if its that the module is $250 on shopdap and is much cheaper then a new unit