GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changed battery now getting tire presure and electronic stabilization error codes

Hotsky

Ready to race!
Out of no where this morning my car wouldn't start. Clicking noise only. But Doors and radio worked. I checked the battery voltage and was getting 11.5-12 v didn't seem extremely low now I've had the car for 4 years (2016 golf 1.8) and haven't changed the battery and wasn't sure if previous owner ever did (it looked factory) so figured it's probably tost. I put the new battery in and car starts now but also got 2 codes right away - tire pressure monitoring system error as well as Electronic stabilization control error. I haven't drove it yet, but after restarting the car a couple times they did not go away. Anyone have an idea what's going on? No other work was done recently.

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
Turning the steering wheel across the entire range to initialize the steering angle sensor gets rid of most of the lights, moving a few feet gets rid of all of the rest, and then restarting the car after that gets my ACC working again. Disconnected the battery so many times recently it's become standard practice for me lol