GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL won’t clear after part replacement

ps8611

Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hi all, I have a 2015 R with 31k miles. The car is APR stage 2/dsg tuned with APR intake, turbo inlet and full AWE exhaust.

I bought the R earlier this year showing a code P2015 although the car had no drivability issues. With the code being related to the intake manifold I assumed the manifold would need to be replaced (as did the owner at the time).

I recently had the manifold replaced and the cel code will not clear. The mechanic is thinking there is a possible ecm issue and wants to check for that.

I have the R posted for sale and I’m trying to get it perfect for the new owner. My concern now is the rising costs of course. Any suggestions on where to go from here and how I might resolve the cel that does not include replacing the ecm? Thanks in advance.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If it's the ecm there won't be any options. That has to be definitively diagnosed first.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmm...... CodeP2015 on an engine with APR tune? Of course anything is possible - but maybe the two things are related - read THIS - and add both terms to a Google search

Don