GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catalytic system cleaner

Ahmed Ali

Car(s)
Mk7
I want someone to help me, my car MK7 model 2013 has a 1.2cc engine, I want to use one of them is better, knowing that I am more afraid of Liqui Molly because it is placed directly on the air gate and I am afraid that it will spoil the gate. Are these fears correct, most importantly I want someone to know how the use is to show me the hose with which I should put the syringe for the Manol product and what is the function of that hose until I tell my technician

Attachments

• images - 2021-06-19T183931.792.jpeg
    images - 2021-06-19T183931.792.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
  • images - 2021-06-19T183900.752.jpeg
    images - 2021-06-19T183900.752.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 72

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Without telling us exactly what the problem is, I wouldn't bother with any of those products. My mechanic and I tried quite a few of these products on my R56 and pretty much none of them worked long term. The fuel tank additives will help pass a smog check but if you already have codes coming up, they will be back. Italian tune-up and paint thinner both popular fixes didn't help long term. In the end, I spent more in time and $$ trying different fixes, I could've gotten one off the forums or salvage yard for less money and less frustration.

If your cat is clogged (check w/ borescope), you can send it into a company to have it professionally cleaned out. I believe they use mild acids and detergents to clear the matrix. You can also try to use a pressure washer w/ soft nozzle and blast it clean after soaking the cat in hot water and detergents. Be sure to fix whatever the issue was, mine was a leaky head gasket.
If the matrix is damaged, either physically or thermally, then you have very few options. Best bet would be to find one from a salvage yard or if your country allows it have a new replacement made.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Ignore this idea and run from it.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Read all the replies again.

I just re-read OP, he's asking what the hose is for and whether pouring directly into breather tube is safe, not which product to use or efficacy. Sounds like he's set on course, iceberg or not.