GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon Steel Gray GTI with BBS SRs and PSS10s

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Finally had the suspension installed over the weekend and the car finally looks the way I was hoping. Suspension is great, huge improvement over stock setup, but still need to dial it in. Proper pictures coming later but here is one for now.

Whiteout007

Passed Driver's Ed
Your car looks great. I am about to order the same kit for my 17 sport.

Originally was just going to go with vmr springs but decided since I am paying someone to do the install I should do it right the first time and get coilovers.

No regrets as far as ride quality? I have a 3 yr old so I don't want the car to be too stiff. I also don't want to spend $1k -$2k+ to have just a minor improvement in the twisties. It's a delicate balance.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Your car looks great. I am about to order the same kit for my 17 sport.

Originally was just going to go with vmr springs but decided since I am paying someone to do the install I should do it right the first time and get coilovers.

No regrets as far as ride quality? I have a 3 yr old so I don't want the car to be too stiff. I also don't want to spend $1k -$2k+ to have just a minor improvement in the twisties. It's a delicate balance.

Thanks.

I have zero regrets with any part of this kit and would highly recommend it. The reason I went with these coils is for quality, stainless construction, warranty and adjustability. The PSS10s were the perfect balance for me. They ride much better than stock and feel much more planted. The stock suspension felt a little sloppy and when you would hit a bump, pothole or uneven road you felt it longer than you needed to, with the PSS10s you still feel it but it is a solid feel. This may be a stupid explanation but the stock suspension is like jumping on an air mattress versus the PSS10s jumping on a firm real mattress.

I have mine set one click beyond the middle all around and haven't adjusted much and it feels great, so knowing it can go much stiffer for more spirited dries and softer for when I go on a longer trip or something is a very comforting feeling. Not to mention the coils can adjust in just a few minutes, very easy.

Hope that helps you with your decision.