GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Cover or Not?

EXEA189

Ready to race!
DPRider2;446235.This is what I decided to go with. The front "door" rolls up and you just drive in straight in. Keeps the car clean even with the roll up door open. Close it and it keeps the car bone dry even during the biggest down pours. And another bonus is it keeps the car out of site to prying eyes. It's made by ShelterLogic and I bought it online from Northern Tool when it was on sale last year.[/QUOTE said:
If I had the land that you do, I would build a garage. That just doesn't work when parking in a city on a street.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
I received the Seal Skin™ cover and not happy with the fit - even though I put in my specific Year/Make/Model. No one seems to answer the customer service number for returns so we'll see how this process goes. Meanwhile, I ordered a Covercraft™ Noah cover - I'm hoping it will be a better cover.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
The pollen is terrible this time of year

More so than I noticed in recent years.. I am still dusting off pollen and sneezing my ass off daily.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm literally reviving a 3 year old thread, I realize that.

I have no garage and basically live in a densely wooded area...and I mean densely. I have a semi permanent beach-like tent pop-up in my backyard, but even parking under it doesn't help too much. No matter the season, I can wash my car and it be perfect, and hours later, it's like every tree around me peed on the car....there are mini droplets covering my car.....it frustrates the crap out of me (this will be a big driver in where we move to next)

I need an easy to install (like daily on/off) GTI car cover. Not for storing the car, but just for keeping it covered when I'm not driving it......so nightly and weekend afternoons.

Recommendations? I'm looking for under $200 if possible.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
@swcrow Well, I bought Covercraft’s “Noah” car cover and have been using it for the last three years. It’s held up well, easy on/off and i think it’s $240-ships free. It’s never blown off, never scratched of hazed the paint, and I’ve never put it on when my car was wet or dirty. I do wash the car cover each Fall. Sometimes when it’s dirty, there’s a fine powdery dust that shows up over the windshield, especially after it rains which tells me it’s time to wash it again. I don’t put it in the dryer but do put it on my GTI out of the washer assuming the car is clean. Hope this helps, cheers!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
EXEA
Much appreciated.....I'll check it out...isn't that the same model as the VW offered cover? I will have to put this bad boy away wet if raining and I take it off to get to work...fact of life for me. You said easy on/off.....pretty heavy?

EXEA189

Ready to race!
@swcrow It is heavy when it wet, otherwise not so much. It put it on and remove it exactly the same way each time. Remove the front and back, fold the sides up onto the top and roll from the front towards the back. Putting it in, I start at the back, roll it towards the front etc. It’s almost impossible to put on in windy conditions without a second person helping.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
@swcrow It is heavy when it wet, otherwise not so much. It put it on and remove it exactly the same way each time. Remove the front and back, fold the sides up onto the top and roll from the front towards the back. Putting it in, I start at the back, roll it towards the front etc. It’s almost impossible to put on in windy conditions without a second person helping.

😂

Can't help but envisioning someone fighting with this thing like it's an unfurled parachute when it's windy.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@swcrow One last thought, I live in Colorado. It’s pretty dry-low humidity here so the cover dries quickly, and I haven’t had any issue with mold. Not sure where you are...
😂

Can't help but envisioning someone fighting with this thing like it's an unfurled parachute when it's windy.

So I used to be stationed in CO Springs and that wind is no joke.....I had barbed wire scrape up and down my Golf when I was deployed, so I can totally imagine a car cover become a parachute! LOL

Coverking Coverbond on autoanything is about $126....might have to try this one.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well autoanything just offered me a military discount so I pulled the trigger.....will let all know how it goes.

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
I have used a cover for a little over three years. No swirls etc. The outside elements are going to cause a lot more damage than the cover. Whenever I wash my car I also wash the cover (twice). If you have pets (spelled cats) investing in a heavier cover is recommended although it will be harder to fold at first. Try to fold it exactly the same way when you take it off and it will be easier to put on. I can put the cover on at night in the dark without any problems because I know exactly how it is folded up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well autoanything just offered me a military discount so I pulled the trigger.....will let all know how it goes.

Too late for my suggestion then. I would have recommended those heavy duty clear plastic strips like they use as a doorway usually separating a walk in cooler. Especially if you drive your car regularly because the hassles with the cover will get old quick.