GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I appreciate the time and effort you have spent posting pictures and putting this all together, I really enjoyed reading it. The Recaro’s are simply amazing!

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
I have been waiting for someone like you to put a build out that was over the top and amazing. Wonderful job, can’t wait to see what’s next!

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
As far as my build goes I have an Instagram “streamdub_mk7” but I’m just a lurker on the forums for parts and build threads. I do appreciate others who can spend the time to tell their story

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
What a thread! So much fun to read thru! Great work on the car!

Navi

Autocross Champion
Fantastic! I'm originally from Portchester NY so those modifications look to fit your need perfectly.

I love the build and the seats!!

Thanks man. I drive through portchester often to go to CT

What a thread! So much fun to read thru! Great work on the car!

thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Awesome build and excellent work. Those recaros are just killer and great job installing in a very OEM way. Like the shift knob, too.

Questions on the infotainment screen... is this essentially just an MIB 3 screen working with your MIB 2 system? If so does it work well? Any improvements with the touch screen, and anything weird to note (like certain buttons not working)?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Not sure if it's called a MIB 2.5 or MIB 3.0 screen. All I know is that it is the 8 inch glass screen from the MK7.5 models. All the buttons work on it. I have the non nav glass screen and my car is an SE with no navigation and everything works perfectly. i have read some people are not getting the "APP" button to work on it but mine works fine so I'm not sure what the difference is? The guy who couldn't get it to work was a Golf R, so I'm not sure if there is any difference. This is where I bought it:

https://eurozonetuning.com/products/vw-mk7-golf-gti-golfr-e-golf-8-glass-screen-retrofit-kit

It works really well. I love it. I would say it has same sensitivity but the clarity is much better and really makes the car feel more upscale due to size and resolution.