GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone identify this part please

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
I would print the above diagram. There are obvious items you can eliminate right from the start. Heater core, radiator, EGR cooler, etc. From there I would look at your car and determine if the part is attached to the engine or not. If it is, those are shown in the diagram as attached to the block. 4, 16, and 17. You can also eliminate the check valves and such. It only leaves a handful of items it could be. You would need to compare the hose connections of what you do know and really should help determine what that is.
Good idea I’ll report back

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
So I’m a little bit further, the original part I thought was the egr cooler is actually the throttle body
As I searched on eBay I found another similar which I believe connects to the cold air intake to the left of my hand.

so the part I’m looking for is behind this part

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • C42296AF-90A1-4E3B-B0A4-C33ED2971B0B.png
    C42296AF-90A1-4E3B-B0A4-C33ED2971B0B.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 76

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Yeah sorted
Thanks so much for your help @gixxerfool !!
It’s the egr valve like the photo from eBay, it has the same markings I can barely see and the plug and hoses facing the correct way.

so it’s the throttle body infront and the egr valve directly behind (hopefully this info will help anyone in the future find)

so these 2 components have had cooling bypassed but I never notice any issue with overheating or cooling loss and with all the searching I’ve done online it seems that even oem cooling parts once replaced are still inadequate for cooling, so I’m gonna leave as is.

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Forgot to upload eBay photo proof ☺️

Attachments

• 89648763-19CB-4A05-8B30-B5D3AD12F020.png
    89648763-19CB-4A05-8B30-B5D3AD12F020.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 66

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Glad you got it sorted. I would still look into possible reasons people would bypass that.
Probably cooling leak I’m guessing mate.
I’ve seen the stock egr cooler section is prone to leaking anyway, and it’s advised to bypass or change to non oem from what I’ve read which is bizarre