GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying/Fabricating wheel liners for a widebody MK7.5

ken527k

Car(s)
2020 MK7.5 GTI
Even though I am starting to completely regret it, I had my car's body modified for custom over fenders. It is currently being redone, as it wasn't done properly the first time. I have with 17x9 hypergrams et42 with a 245/45 tire with 35mm spacer front 40mm rear, and having GC camber plates and SPC control arms put in hoping it'll help my turn clearance. My fenders are in no way wide enough to reach, yet i need that front portion because it connects to the skid plate, and also want to protect my engine from debris. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I've looked all over for DIY's but only seem to find them for things like Jeeps and trucks.. lol. Anyone have any experience with this?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Even though I am starting to completely regret it, I had my car's body modified for custom over fenders. It is currently being redone, as it wasn't done properly the first time. I have with 17x9 hypergrams et42 with a 245/45 tire with 35mm spacer front 40mm rear, and having GC camber plates and SPC control arms put in hoping it'll help my turn clearance. My fenders are in no way wide enough to reach, yet i need that front portion because it connects to the skid plate, and also want to protect my engine from debris. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I've looked all over for DIY's but only seem to find them for things like Jeeps and trucks.. lol. Anyone have any experience with this?
Take a 3d scan with your phone, email it to cjm, have them design and 3d print your block off plates.

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
If you're looking for something strictly manual. As in you don't want to get a custom one off thing measured or cut for you.
Kydex is a thermoform plastic that might be similar and has good wear properties. You can warm it pretty easily with a hair dryer or heat gun. And can be cut pretty easily.
I don't know what people normally use for this type of thing but that's what I have experience with and what I might personally try first.

Good luck.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Instead of spacers up front, why not wider tires? You can fit 245s under stock fenders with room to spare.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Instead of spacers up front, why not wider tires? You can fit 245s under stock fenders with room to spare.
For real. If I had room for 35mm spacers, I'd be running 315's