GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build week confirmed... must stop obsessing...

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Woohoo, car has arrived at dealer! Just a shame I have to wait another fortnight for the 14 plate to come out... but at least I have a handover date now \o/

DW58

Go Kart Champion
No come on, you don't have to wait for a 14-plate, my guess is you've chosen to ;)

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok mister pedantic ;-) yes, I've chosen to wait for a 14 plate. Interestingly the dealer gave me a choice of about a dozen 14 plates and has already done the registration process -- I didn't think that was possible in advance.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Not being pedantic (although I often am) ... ... ... just making an observation which you have admitted is correct.

Offering a dozen plates is pretty normal practise - well at least with some dealers, mine did exactly that - they were all crap options!

Flup

Passed Driver's Ed
Heh yes, none of the plates were particularly inspiring, not that it's important to me... although if they'd offered me '1 AN' I may have accepted :p

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Other than the fact it would have probably added quadruple the value to your Golf Mk7.

I have an acquaintance who has a relatively new Range Rover Sport with a 3-digit (1 number/2 letters) VRN. When he bought the RR, another customer of the RR dealership offered him enough to buy two more RR Sports which he turned down - I've seen the written offer. It's mad what people pay for permission to use a combination of letters/numbers. The third party is still trying to get my acquaintance to part with his plate, I don't know how high the offer is at present, but my friend has no intention of selling as it's been in hi family since circa 1930.