GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brand new and broken

RvamkviiS

Car(s)
2020 Mk vii S
Ok, not “broken” but shining a CEL with all of 120 miles. A warm start on a hot humid day resulted in a shaky idle, which resolved itself after a few seconds. No CEL until the next start a couple of hours later. Car drives fine, gas cap, dip stick and oil cap all fine. Oil looks good and there’s plenty of coolant, no leaks, smells or noises. Taking it to the stealership tonight but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. BTW, it’s a 2020 mkvii S with the DSG. My first VW and I’m hoping to keep it...

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Ok, not “broken” but shining a CEL with all of 120 miles. A warm start on a hot humid day resulted in a shaky idle, which resolved itself after a few seconds. No CEL until the next start a couple of hours later. Car drives fine, gas cap, dip stick and oil cap all fine. Oil looks good and there’s plenty of coolant, no leaks, smells or noises. Taking it to the stealership tonight but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. BTW, it’s a 2020 mkvii S with the DSG. My first VW and I’m hoping to keep it...

Similar thing happened to me. I believe it was the cam sensor that had wiggled loose. Dealership quickly diagnosed it and had it fixed in under an hour. Car has been flawless since.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Probably something a simple scan will diagnose. If you don’t have a scanner, just drop by the dealer...your def under warranty! In the future you should def look in to picking up a VCDS or OBD11. I prefer the former.

RvamkviiS

Car(s)
2020 Mk vii S
Turns out it was a software issue. Reflashed and good to go. Thanks for the insights. Beauty shot attached.
21533F09-59A9-46F2-9A3B-29CFEBD45097.jpeg

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Turns out it was a software issue. Reflashed and good to go. Thanks for the insights. Beauty shot attached.
Mind sharing the invoice to see what software update they flashed? I'm beginning to think there is an update to the ECU recently (after the ones done to fix the stalling).

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
White is a good color for these. Props for the update....frigging people that ask questions and never update trigger me.

welcome

Mud

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I was about to say that...

They just cleared the codes, checked the fuel rail pressure and found no new codes after driving it around, so they just gave it back to you....

Typical dealer... whoever is the sales rep, has no idea what the techs did, he may very well think it was "reflashed = cleared codes"

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It looks like they did nothing but clear the faults.

You might want to remove the attachment and crop out your personal info or the bots will get you.

You're on a bot roll lately. 😂

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Maybe a good time to order a scan tool in case it happens again. Then you'll be able to look at the codes yourself before taking it back in.