GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW F80 M3 vs Audi RS3 8V vs Audi RS3 8Y

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I'd like to hear some thoughts bout owners who've had/have the cars entitled. Any reason why you like it or dislike? I know the Audi 8Y RS3 might be hard to come by, but I figure I'd try to get feedback if possible. IMO I figure the F80 M3 might be the funnest out of the cars to drive given that it's RWD 24/7. Though I'm sure the other cars are very capable. I do have a deposit for a 8Y, but I think it'll be another 6-9 months till I can get it... maybe?

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
F80 M3 moves forward like it was punched by the fist of God but is an absolutely numb, robotic, desensitized driving experience and it sounds like absolute trash. I'd never buy one, and the low resale value on them makes me think I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Jack Adebayor

Car(s)
Golf
I can certainly give you my thoughts on the BMW F80 M3, Audi RS3 8V, and Audi RS3 8Y! The M3 has a reputation for being a well-balanced and capable sports car, with sharp handling and strong acceleration. The RS3 8V is a compact sports sedan that is known for its all-weather capability, thanks to its quattro all-wheel drive system, and its strong acceleration and handling. The Audi RS3 8Y is the second generation of the Audi RS3, which is based on the Audi A3. It is powered by a 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine that produces 394 horsepower and 354 pound-feet of torque. The RS3 8Y is a compact sports sedan that is known for its sharp handling and strong acceleration, as well as its high-quality interior and advanced technology features. Overall, all three of these cars are highly capable and enjoyable to drive, and they all offer their own unique combination of performance, luxury, and technology. It really comes down to personal preference and what you value most in a car. Anyway, you can buy any of these on abetter.bid at a really affordable price.

Last edited:

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
F80 M3 moves forward like it was punched by the fist of God but is an absolutely numb, robotic, desensitized driving experience and it sounds like absolute trash. I'd never buy one, and the low resale value on them makes me think I'm not the only one that feels that way.
I know a few key reviewers stated this and initially I listened to 'em. I swore I'd just wait for the RS3.. but I'm really glad I didn't...

If this helps anyone... I ended up getting the F80. It's a pretty badass car... it's fast and nimble. I love that there's a lot of support for this car. Especially in the upper echelons (great coilover selection, power upgrade support, exhaust offerings, etc). Interior is very nice... there's a hell of a lot more power in the F80 M3 STOCK form than my Stage 3 R (dyno'd 400+ hp). And I must say it's fun to kick out the rear and do a power slide here 'n there (biggest selling point). Don't care much about the sound (I prefer a more quiet tone)... I know a lot of naysayers are against the steering feel... but everything, like the golf, has electrical steering... and its not bad by far. I can feel when the chassis rotates... which is to say the chassis is very well balanced. It's definitely a few steps forward in the sports car department from where the R stands. If you're on the wall trying to determine which way you want to go you should leave the door open and check the car out. It's pretty damn amazing.

Last edited:

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Figure he's another one riding the wagon. :D MK7R is an amazing chassis and great in its own way.

Oh and here's the boring POS I got.

319122847_10225606360120423_5286548848164546182_n.jpg