GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS Intercooler

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've never seen anyone else report that low of temperature when fully warmed up. It's supposed to be 215 to 235 unless tracking your car.
Maybe it has something to do with me having a 1.8? Not sure. I've never seen 235. I often put up the oil temp display when I'm warming up the car or when I'm driving up a mountain etc. I probably look at it more than many.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Maybe it has something to do with me having a 1.8? Not sure. I've never seen 235. I often put up the oil temp display when I'm warming up the car or when I'm driving up a mountain etc. I probably look at it more than many.

Could be I don't honestly know on the 1.8.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
Your oil temps would be up to normal operating temperature of 220 to 235 by then. Possibly higher depending upon the ambient temperature at that time.
Sorry for the confusion, those oil temps I quoted were after driving 4 miles, but BEFORE doing the test pulls. I was adding and removing so much text I didnt catch that. I have since edited the text to put it in the right order.
Thanks

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
Any updates on the BMS intercooler from people that have it installed? What is the consensus on its performance, initial v1 fitment issues aside? I'm looking into this one and the eBay magic/majesty, but it seems like the eBay ones might not be the best option for IS20 turbos, as the core is so large. IS38 and big turbos are a different story.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Never heard of core being too large. My V1 BMS has been great. No issues since install.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Happy BMS V1 owner here too. IATS stay roughly 10f over ambient while cruising and holds well and consistent during pulls.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
I am IS38 and I installed my BMS V2 a few months ago. Bms said the alignment tabs up top not lining up is normal and not designed to hold the intercooler. And also the longer IC hose on the drivers side was too short and couldn’t use. BMS said they could send me another hose if I wanted to...Duh of course it’s what I paid for. I still haven’t received a replacement yet and it’s been a few months now. Not sure if it’s Urotuning or BMS dragging this out.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I am IS38 and I installed my BMS V2 a few months ago. Bms said the alignment tabs up top not lining up is normal and not designed to hold the intercooler. And also the longer IC hose on the drivers side was too short and couldn’t use. BMS said they could send me another hose if I wanted to...Duh of course it’s what I paid for. I still haven’t received a replacement yet and it’s been a few months now. Not sure if it’s Urotuning or BMS dragging this out.

Have you been talking to Urotuning or BMS? George at BMS is always pretty helpful.

This is disappointing to hear the V2 also has fitment issues. The new news is my V1 works great once installed.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Have you been talking to Urotuning or BMS? George at BMS is always pretty helpful.

This is disappointing to hear the V2 also has fitment issues. The new news is my V1 works great once installed.
Talking through Urotuning but they seem to be responding pretty well.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I had to trim the radiator and use zip ties for my V2 stay put.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI

Attachments

• D34B5CA0-D84F-46BD-84AC-F5EABA363026.jpeg
    D34B5CA0-D84F-46BD-84AC-F5EABA363026.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 246
  • D00BEBAE-3D69-42F4-9CA1-BA27E84B3589.jpeg
    D00BEBAE-3D69-42F4-9CA1-BA27E84B3589.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 240