GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth navigation while listening to Sirius

Kgeissler

When I am listening to Sirius and trying to use the navigation on my Android phone, no sound comes from my phone or the car speakers. If I put the car stereo on "media", I get the navigation sounds from the car speakers. Why do I get no sound when listening to Sirius? Am I missing something?

Plus, when my phone is connected, it prevents sound from coming out of my Android phone while it is connected to the car. So I get no navigation directions spoken from the phone either.

modena

No Shame, and Rebel too..
Car(s)
VW Golf MKV
Must be an android thing, iPhone 6+ does work when listening to Sirius, but the sound quality of the navigation voice is far less then when listening to the media.
Don't know why, and trying to figure it out.

jdennett

Passed Driver's Ed
I started using Waze for my nav and have it set to output over the phone audio (set in the options)

Tucker3381

Ready to race!
An update to the OP and anyone else interested, in addition to Waze doing it, you can now change the voice output in Google Maps on Android to output from the phone speaker, even if connected to bluetooth, and will still work while in any other mode on the radio.

The option is in the Maps app settings.

Kgeissler

I can't seem to find that in my Google Maps settings. What version of Google Maps are you running? I am on 9.5.1

I see it now... Version 9.6