GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Block members

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Ignore list in the control panel??

Golf_gti1

Thanks all done got rid of the rude guy GTD184 my order come wrong with 18" instead of 19" wheels and I put an advert in classifieds if anyone wanted to do a deal to swap and he had the cheek to tell me not to buy a car with 18 if wanted 19s already has problems with this don't need a member winding me up over something he doesn't need to be involved in... Just rude.

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Thanks all done got rid of the rude guy GTD184 my order come wrong with 18" instead of 19" wheels and I put an advert in classifieds if anyone wanted to do a deal to swap and he had the cheek to tell me not to buy a car with 18 if wanted 19s already has problems with this don't need a member winding me up over something he doesn't need to be involved in... Just rude.

Reading the classifieds post, in hindsight it may have been better if no explanation of why you wanted to trade was given other than you'd changed your mind, but that is hindsight...

And really, maybe you should go back and read through that thread: its you that comes across as the rude one.
It does seem like quite a legitimate question, if you ordered 19s why would you accept a car from the dealer with 18s? kick it back and tell them to sort it out.

If you ordered 18s and now you wish you'd gone with 19s that seems perfectly reasonable.

Blocking people isn't a practical response; the big bad internet is always going to be out there, burying your head in the sand won't stop that...

GTD184

Ready to race!
And really, maybe you should go back and read through that thread: its you that comes across as the rude one.
It does seem like quite a legitimate question, if you ordered 19s why would you accept a car from the dealer with 18s?

Thank you Gignomeus for your unbiased review and comment ;)

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Reading the classifieds post, in hindsight it may have been better if no explanation of why you wanted to trade was given other than you'd changed your mind, but that is hindsight...

It does seem like quite a legitimate question, if you ordered 19s why would you accept a car from the dealer with 18s? kick it back and tell them to sort it out.

If you ordered 18s and now you wish you'd gone with 19s that seems perfectly reasonable.

Blocking people isn't a practical response; the big bad internet is always going to be out there, burying your head in the sand won't stop that...

X2. The OP here is the rude one no doubt. 13 posts and already not making friends. Great way to start off here. :rolleyes:

Golf_gti1

There are many reasons why! Buy why do I have to explain myself to you? It was a question I asked within a certain area of the forum I have been a member of a5oc for years and have never. Been question to why I'm selling something or looking for something or the reason why! It's a golf!! Do you think I'm going to go back an order a fresh one from factory and wait till later on in the year I got discounted if I took the car with the wrong wheels on so I thought I would give it a try to see of anything was possible have I broke the law?? God you lot need to grow up or get a life what's it got todo with how many posts I have done?

Golf_gti1

And clearly not interested making friends with anyone that is clearly a busy body! Wants to know your business you want my bank account details aswell? Idiot!

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Golf_gti;25953I said:
got discounted if I took the car with the wrong wheels on so I thought I would give it a try

I think you've misconstrued peoples interest in your situation with getting the third degree: I can't say I'm that worried about why you are selling your 18s, but I do find it *interesting* that VW messed up your order, and as a fellow member of the forum I'd like to understand why you resolved the situation in that way.

You got a discount for taking the incorrect wheel order, that explains it; seems like an excellent reason for accepting it, now I know this I can put a nice spin on it and tell others about how VW will sort you out if they screw up an order, or if I'm in a bad mood I can retell your tail as another example of how rubbish VW is :rolleyes:

Golf_gti1

That is correct... They offered to re order and throw in more extras free of charge... This is my mrs car she had an a3 black edition 3 door my daughter it getting bigger now and she's struggling the problem is if I wanted to wait for a new order the a3 would depreciate more and I would have to put more money in! So to accept was the easier option in my case. Audi messed up on my first rs5 I don't expect anything less from dealers they get your deposit got you by the balls end off!

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Can't say I have experience in this area but I can understand how annoying/difficult a 3dr would be with child seats etc.

Seems strange to me they couldn't let you take the car, order in some 19s and stick them on later: must be some malarkey to do with the suspension setup or whatnot that they need to go through the whole build again, damn annoying.

I think I'll put your story onto the VW bashing pile ;)

Wolksvagen

Banned
Look you lot! don't make me get the wooden spoon out!!!!!

(child of the late 70s / 80s when smacking was the norm and wooden spoon when very naughty)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Seems strange to me they couldn't let you take the car, order in some 19s and stick them on later: must be some malarkey to do with the suspension setup or whatnot that they need to go through the whole build again, damn annoying.
Thats what I was wondering - there is no suspension change to go from 18" to 19" as far as I am aware - very puzzling. Of course it would have been expensive for the dealer to do that - maybe £600 a corner so perhaps asking the customer to accept some compensation and moving on was a better solution (although perhaps only best for them as the customer in question is still looking for the wheels he originally ordered).

DW58

Go Kart Champion
How do I block members from threads on here?

What a great start to board membership - my ignore list just went up by one member.

Last edited: