GOLFMKV

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debate is live on youtube right now

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
Much cottonmouth.

That's why Ken lost the debate.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Adam and Eve were created to illustrate humankind. Eve is clearly the evil one, then if you take Moses' political campaign with the 7 plagues and all that, basically women are the root of all evil and men can part the red sea. Plebs.

Well Adam and Lilith(male and female he created them). But she wanted to be on top with sex so she got booted and replaced with Eve(later in the story, the whole rib deal).

outshined

Go Kart Champion

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
I think all sorts of life has lived on this planet for millions of years. We are only the latest hominid. The bible and other religious books are sort of like Greek mythology to me. Humans need to understand so the stories were created and retold to explain the unknown and possibly the unexplainable.

Except Greek Mythology was written way better. They had a mother fucker that threw lightning arrows at people, 3 headed monsters, and cyclops.

Jesus could make booze magically appear though which is kinda cool.

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
You either have to be pretty ignorant or stubborn to believe the universe is 6000 years old.. the evidence that its not is all around so..why do they keep arguing this point? It doesnt have to mean that God doesnt exist, he could still be the one set forth the big bang if thats what you want to believe but at least that would make more sense than 6000 years.

Lmao creationists doe :p

a message from the galaxy

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
It's not silly at all...I'm more agnostic than anything but there are many things about mankind that are unexplained or purposely hidden from us. I'm only saying that no one should really be close-minded to any possibility of our origin including the possibility that we did not originate here at all...

This. When people ask me about my religion (like my inlaws when I asked for my now-wife's hand in marriage), I tell them we have only 5 senses and they're insufficient to expose us to all the things that happen around us. We've built up our understanding of the universe on these really primitive sensors. Why can't we sense magnetic fields like birds, for example? What else is out there that we can't sense?

Whether you call all the rest of that stuff God or not is up to you, but I prefer not to. Humans painted God in the likeness of themselves which screams "naive" to me. Don't want to be a part of that.

Just because we don't have all the answers, that doesn't mean there is a god. Lack if evidence isn't evidence for something else.

QFT.

About 150 years ago, some dude named Darwin figured it out? I'm not convinced...

Newton explained the physics that is the basis for our understanding of motion in 3 "pillars", which have been built upon and proven extensively. Just because it's rudimentary doesn't mean it's false.

^
How do you explain that?

WATER LEVELS RISE AND FALL? YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT! :lol:

You either have to be pretty ignorant or stubborn to believe the universe is 6000 years old.. the evidence that its not is all around so..why do they keep arguing this point? It doesnt have to mean that God doesnt exist, he could still be the one set forth the big bang if thats what you want to believe but at least that would make more sense than 6000 years.

QFT