GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo GTI v. R Upgrade

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
with the GTI that has the sport diff, especially after I turned it up with obdeleven, pulls into corners to the very limit of traction. front and rear sways and a deadest kit and the GTI is pretty neutral unless you put a boot in it mid corner. RWD is more fun to kick the tail about, but for some light street hooning on the way to work, it's pretty nice.
Sure sounds like it! What size sway bars did u go with? What tires are you running?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
the H&R combo that was on the forum not too long ago, I think it's discontinued now but you can get a similar size. Still on factory tires.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Oh wow that’s the 28mm front 26mm rear right?
sounds about right. It's nearly as entertaining in corners as my old E46M. All it's missing is throttle oversteer, and I'm ok with that. Eventually I'll build up an E30 with a turbo K20 and a hydraulic handbrake to fiddle around in. the GTI is a daily, a quick and engaging daily.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
sounds about right. It's nearly as entertaining in corners as my old E46M. All it's missing is throttle oversteer, and I'm ok with that. Eventually I'll build up an E30 with a turbo K20 and a hydraulic handbrake to fiddle around in. the GTI is a daily, a quick and engaging daily.
Nicely done! I’ve been looking forward to a 22mm rear myself. Just want to address these tires first

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm on stock FSB and 26mm H&R rear. zero out rear toe and you have yourself a party.

Last edited: