Not open for further replies.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
@thatvdub guy has a super clean MK7 with the Maxton Design Lip Spoiler. :D

cpatel529

Ready to race!
We had a brand new MK7 Golf R in the shop the other day for a front Maxton lip and a rear spoiler extension!

Are those both the textured versions? Would it be possible to wrap the textured versions and have the outcome be smooth or would it be bumpy due to the original textured material?

Chirag

Last edited:

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Are those both the textured versions? Would it be possible to wrap the textured versions and have the outcome be smooth or would it be bumpy due to the original textured material?

Chirag

They are! We haven't seen any that were wrapped, so I can't really say how it would turn out. There is a customer out there who has his spoiler extensions painted in gloss black, and it looks great!

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Received the lip yesterday but I'm a bit disappointed with blemishes/scratches it had all along the front face of the lip. I installed it anyways because I didn't want to deal with having to return and waiting for a new one to come across the pond. Not really noticeable once installed, but disappointed none the less.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Received the lip yesterday but I'm a bit disappointed with blemishes/scratches it had all along the front face of the lip. I installed it anyways because I didn't want to deal with having to return and waiting for a new one to come across the pond. Not really noticeable once installed, but disappointed none the less.

Sorry to see that your lip arrive like that! Shoot us an email over to sales@blackforestindustries.com with some pictures.

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
Received the lip yesterday but I'm a bit disappointed with blemishes/scratches it had all along the front face of the lip.

Similar experience here and to be perfectly honest, I am really disappointed w/ BFI's communication. I've requested an RMA number from them, providing pictures of the damaged lip and it's been nothing but crickets. I have my suspicions that they don't even bother checking the contents of their shipments from Maxton before sending them right to the customer. Real shame it's come down to me having to bitch on a public forum, but feel others should certainly beware. Here's the damaged lip BFI sent me:

Attachments

• damaged_maxton_lip_01.jpg
    damaged_maxton_lip_01.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 2,653
  • damaged_maxton_lip_02.jpg
    damaged_maxton_lip_02.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 2,603

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Similar experience here and to be perfectly honest, I am really disappointed w/ BFI's communication. I've requested an RMA number from them, providing pictures of the damaged lip and it's been nothing but crickets. I have my suspicions that they don't even bother checking the contents of their shipments from Maxton before sending them right to the customer. Real shame it's come down to me having to bitch on a public forum, but feel others should certainly beware. Here's the damaged lip BFI sent me:

We apologize that you feel that way, but we've been in communication with you with the exception of yesterday since the person who handles these emails has been out of the office due to a family illness. He is catching up on emails now and you should have a reply shortly. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm looking at getting one of these front splitters but wondered if any of you who have purchased could tell me, does the textured black finish match well with the original black plastic components on the front bumper? I'm looking to add some genuine gti sideskirts to my golf and I was hoping this would compliment that nicely as long as the texture and colour matches up well?

cpatel529

Ready to race!
I'm looking at getting one of these front splitters but wondered if any of you who have purchased could tell me, does the textured black finish match well with the original black plastic components on the front bumper? I'm looking to add some genuine gti sideskirts to my golf and I was hoping this would compliment that nicely as long as the texture and colour matches up well?

Great question... I am also debating between textured or gloss black for the front splitter and the rear lip extension.

My wheels are matte black, my front/rear emblems are gloss black and I am thinking about wrapping my roof and mirror caps in matte black or gloss black. Not sure whether I should get the textured or gloss black lip extension and splitter.

Decisions!

Chi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.