GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Paint Protection

jhileman79

Ready to race!
This may have been covered already but I need some advice.
I am looking into getting my car treated with either Opticoat or Techtanium.
Has anyone had good/bad experiences with either one.
Thanks for help!

alan h

Ready to race!
theres alot out there, coatings wise gtechniq do some very good ones exo etc.. and some outstanding ones like crystal serum which is basically another clear coat, this has to be flat sanded to be removed its that tough

o-iii1

Ready to race!
Either xpel ultimate if you want film, or CQuartz/Opticoat if you dont want film

Or both. I have Xpel on the hood, headlights, back of outside mirrors, and then the whole car was done in CQuartz. Phenomenal protection and rain alomost cleans the car (except for the back hatch which gets dirty no matter what).

jhileman79

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help. Time to do some more research!

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
Film?? Is that like left over residue from the protectant??

i believe they are referring to the clear bra type protection. many places are doing whole cars now compared to when it first came out just on the hood

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
simonez glass coating is another good one. clear filming a whole car sounds like a nightmare... i like being able to wash and buff my own paint.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
What is a fair price for CQuartz Finest on the entire car? Looking to have this done soon.

Well all paint defects must be removed prior to CQuartz being applied. So most likely a stage one polish and paint decontamination. I know some places charging 400 and up. That's Canadian.

VancouverGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I got CQuartz Finest on my 2012 GTI and Gtechniq Crystal Serum on my 2016 GTI. By far the crystal serum keeps the car more ridiculously clean. The coating is so slippery that placing a micro fibre towel on the hood causes it to slide right off.

adam.neufeld77

Anyone know of a good place in Ontario region that does cquartz finest. Just got myself a golf r and need this done

Sent from my Samsung GS7 using Tapatalk

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
I have kamikaze which is another brand but just a good as the car pro stuff and I love it. Best decision