GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Killington Roads?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Hello,
Got a place in Killington for my sons and their friends for a few days this New Years. I hung up my board a few years ago but im driving up in my TT with snows. While they’re riding, I’d like to hit some fun roads. Any must drives within an hour or two of the mountain?
Cheers,
Rick

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
VT4, VT100, VT17, pretty much any VT state road is beautiful in its own way. If you want mountaintop views, some of the gaps stay open in the winter. Smuggler's Notch is a major pass so they try and keep it open as much as they can. Lincoln Gap usually closes down. The Appalachian Gap may or may not be open. Check newengland511.org.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
VT4, VT100, VT17, pretty much any VT state road is beautiful in its own way. If you want mountaintop views, some of the gaps stay open in the winter. Smuggler's Notch is a major pass so they try and keep it open as much as they can. Lincoln Gap usually closes down. The Appalachian Gap may or may not be open. Check newengland511.org.

I think he’s more specifically looking for fun driver’s roads than beautiful views

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
In the mountains and foothills, the two go hand in hand.

Snows or not, I'd still be careful. It's been a warm December and we've had lots of ice out here.
Familiar with the weather, been taking the sons riding in K since they were super yutes(y)

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
let me know where you end up going. I’m going to Vermont in February/March with friends and will be my first time testing the new (to me) Touareg in the snow.
Leaving tomorrow early. Sons left early this am:)