GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beginning to regret changing

Barb351

Ready to race!
I have just changed my 63 reg Golf GT 1.4 TSi dsg for a new Golf 1.5 TSi dsg Editions.
The road noise is far louder on the new car which has Hankook tyres instead of the old Pirelli’s. The infomat system is too responsive when driving and covered in fingerprints.
I now find that if I want to switch off the interior alarm when I leave the dog in the car, I have to go through 3 menus on the infomat system instead of just pressing a button on the B pillar.
My wife hates it and I am beginning to feel disappointed.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Ok....?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
1. Swap tires to quieter ones
2. Wear latex gloves (they'll come in handy for other things also)
3. Install a Roof rack for the dog (get it, ROOF rack?)
4. Configure a raspberry pi to interface with the infotainment system and setup some macro actions

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I dont understand how your infotainment (not sure what infomat is) can be "too responsive". Wash your hands before you get in the car maybe? I've never even had to wipe fingerprints from my screen one time and the car is 4 years old now... Press the lock button on your key fob twice to disable the interior alarm instead of just once.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I dont understand how your infotainment (not sure what infomat is) can be "too responsive". Wash your hands before you get in the car maybe? I've never even had to wipe fingerprints from my screen one time and the car is 4 years old now... Press the lock button on your key fob twice to disable the interior alarm instead of just once.
I agree with this. Not in 2 years did I put finger prints all over the infotainment system but I have the non-glass like one, i think newer has glass so maybe thats why?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My sisters Tiguan (MY 19) has the glass display. It gets covered in fingerprints in minutes.

Comments about people's handwashing habits are pretty rude.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'm just confused why OP bought the car in the first place. Did you not test drive and try stuff out?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The MK7.5 is well documented over here as being more noisy than the MK7...they skimped on noise insulation. Fit quieter tyres & more undertrays.

The new all glass screen ..fit a screen protector

https://www.protectionfilms24.com/c...age=6&page=1&product-overview-sort=bestResult
I think thats the correct one..you might have to double check..

Alarm...on key fob press to lock car..then wait 2 secs & press to lock again..should disable the interior sensor..

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My sisters Tiguan (MY 19) has the glass display. It gets covered in fingerprints in minutes.

Comments about people's handwashing habits are pretty rude.
Never said anything about his habits, don't infer things that aren't there. Washing your hands before touching stuff generally helps keep it clean.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Never said anything about his habits, don't infer things that aren't there. Washing your hands before touching stuff generally helps keep it clean.

you could scub your hands clean..then wait say 4mins & touch the screen & leave finger marks...the new screens are quite bad......anyway depending on the humidity/your body etc everybody exudes "grease" (not correct term) from their fingers to some extent ..if you don't you have problems with very dry skin.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
you could scub your hands clean..then wait say 4mins & touch the screen & leave finger marks...the new screens are quite bad......anyway depending on the humidity/your body etc everybody exudes "grease" (not correct term) from their fingers to some extent ..if you don't you have problems with very dry skin.
If the new screens are as bad as you guys are saying then this is definitely something that should have been taken note of in the test drive

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The newer glass screen infotainment screens are fingerprint magnets, it’s as simple as that! The interior monitoring is NOT switched off by pressing the lock button twice, pressing the button twice deactivates the ‘safe lock’ function (deadlocks) only,
Deactivating the interior monitoring system is only achieved in the two ways the OP describes depending on the generation of vehicle involved!
8F099361-FB47-4C1C-9ECF-9315E81C632C.jpeg

Coletrain87

Dont bother me only notice finger prints when the screens off. And when I'm in it the screen is on, so it's a non issue.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Is it not responsive when connected to your phone? How old is your phone?