GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Before and after Apr stg1

Hawkeye1

Passed Driver's Ed
95 degrees and humid in South Georgia. Dew point at 71 degrees. It would be good to try it with cooler, drier weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneFiftyThree

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, used LC on both runs. I haven't been able to get lower than 12.35, but I wonder if the clutch slippage is adding a few tenths to the 0-60 and 1/4 miles. Hopefully DSG tune will address this.
That's actually pretty good for a DP of 71°.
You have an eleven second car, but you can't prove it right now.
Hurry FALL. ;-)

FF
:)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Fastest 0-100 I've seen is 3.65 by guy in Aust. Stage 1, intake and DSG tune by RD technik. He is in top of Aust in hot climate too. So I'm guessing once DSG tune out people will be seeing 3.4 0-60 times, and guessing stage 2 on E85 potential 3 flat!

There is a 2.99 0-60 Mk7R that's TTE450 turbo and all supporting mods in europe! That's awesome but also huge $$. Guessing many in US will go stage 2 and E85 which won't cost much in comparisson.

CKGOLFMK7

Ready to race!
Damn ckgolfmk7. Now you really got me thinking about moving up my timetable for the APR tune. My only concern is that when I contacted usp who is literally right up the road from my house they said that I have to bring the car by to see when my car was made to make sure that a PR has already made a box code for it and if they haven't I'll have to wait a couple weeks for them to create one for me. I'm only at 400 miles so I'm wondering if I would be playing with fire by tuning the car before I break it in a little more. How many miles do you guys think should be on our Golf R before on Apr stage 1 tune... Or should there be any waiting period at all? I'm sure the answer won't be totally black and white but I'd like to hear if there is any concrete info or at least opinion on the matter. thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Personally, I would wait until you pass the "initial break-in" of 1K miles (who knows how true this is) just based on principal and my own thoughts. It won't take you long to get there, just take a nice road trip...:D!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Damn ckgolfmk7. Now you really got me thinking about moving up my timetable for the APR tune. My only concern is that when I contacted usp who is literally right up the road from my house they said that I have to bring the car by to see when my car was made to make sure that a PR has already made a box code for it and if they haven't I'll have to wait a couple weeks for them to create one for me. I'm only at 400 miles so I'm wondering if I would be playing with fire by tuning the car before I break it in a little more. How many miles do you guys think should be on our Golf R before on Apr stage 1 tune... Or should there be any waiting period at all? I'm sure the answer won't be totally black and white but I'd like to hear if there is any concrete info or at least opinion on the matter. thanks in advance

I would not suggest tuning till you at least break it in with 1000 miles or more. Mine got the tune at ~3500 miles. I know PRND had his done with only 134 miles, but I'm sure he was at least nice to it for a bit breaking in.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I had mine tuned at the dealer when it was new. No issues.

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
Just picked up my new Golf R a couple nights ago and the thing is just a rocket... Well I'm coming from an APR stage 2 full bolt on mk6 Gti. but the stock Golf R feels way faster and handles like a dream comparatively to my old Gti... But my question is, does anyone on here have a Golf R that they bought and drove without a tune for a while and then got the stage 1 Apr tune... just wanted to know your impressions on the drivability and if the performance gains are that much more blistering then the stock car... And would you say there are any downsides to the APR tune on the new Golf R. I'm just looking for replies from people that have either driven or driven in pre and post tuned Rs. Thx :) I just really want to know if I should do it or not cuz the thing already feels so fast but I would love faster but I don't want to sacrifice anything.

Congrats on the R! Those cars are wicked with a tune!