GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Base over the bass in the boot

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Coming from the current Polo, I am familiar with the floor of the boot which is adjustable and removable.

However my Mk 7 only has one floor, so that if I store lose stuff under it, as I did with the Polo, it all rolls around on top of the sub-woofer and spare wheel, oil canister etc.

One boot floor: is this correct? Or is a floor missing? The handbook is slightly ambiguous on this...

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Don't think that's what the OP's asking. Yes my wife has a Polo Blue GT and like you said, it also has another floor covering in the lower position covering the spare wheel etc. Unfortunately the Golf 7 doesn't have such a refinement, although I do find there is plenty of space around the spare wheel well to be able to store most of my nicknack's (extending wheel wrench, spare bulbs, touch up stick, warning triangle etc. without sitting them on top of the Dynaudio sub woofer.

Would be nice if the more expensive Golf also got this lower false floor as well though that the cheaper Polo gets.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Interesting - whilst aware of the two-level floor in the Mk.7 (which is irritating with the sloped rear part when in the lower position), I wasn't aware of the double floor situation with the Mk5 Polo.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I figured the 2 level by coincidence last week when i was checking out the tools and spare tire, came in handy as i had lots of luggage for a 5 hour trip. I found the slope stupid as DW58 mentioned and thought i had put it incorrectly at first.

What the polo has is interesting, too bad we don't have it

DW58

Go Kart Champion
The sloped rear of the floor is causing me problems fitting my new dog-crate.