GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bagged gti build **REAR NOT LOW

puckdud

Hey guys,

I am bagging my 2017 gti, Airlift Performance struts, and Accuair eLevel management.

I finished the rear tonight, and it is hilariously high. The fender barely hits the top of the tire. I read about needing "not stock" rear shocks for max drop, so I bought Bilstein B8 shocks.

Can someone help??

*** I didn't have the tool to disassemble the stock shock housing, so I had a shop swap the shocks onto the upper housings--- do I need to take them apart and remove the bumpstop???**

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The bump stop is on the shock shaft so yes. Simple hand tools to R&R the rear shocks. 13-22mm I believe.

Are you thinking of the fronts? Because the rear is held on with two 15mm (shock mount to car), one (13mm shock to mount, hold the shock shaft with 11mm I believe, and a through bolt at the bottom 22mm

Don't go stripping shit out just cuz I said so, these sizes are off the top of my head but within a mm or two. If you have basic metric hand tools it's a 45 min job max including jacking the car, which being on air you can do with just jack stands and your air ride lol

puckdud

Thanks for the input guys. After some more research, and some first hand questions answered, I need to cut or remove the rear bumpstops to achieve the low I want.

spiker369

on air, don't care