GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

tigeo

Autocross Champion
December 7th, I probably should’ve included that lol
Day before I head to VIR for TSCC HPDE so can't make it. Have fun. I thought you were coming to VIR?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Can’t make it…. Out of town for work…. Have a great run!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Day before I head to VIR for TSCC HPDE so can't make it. Have fun. I thought you were coming to VIR?

I had PCV issues at CMP (Mk8), and haven’t been anywhere since then. The roads in my area aren’t curvy enough to test anything (as proven by the Mk8 valve).

I can stomach driving to the mountains and making a smoke show, but not trailering the car to VIR.

After wasting 2k (Tires, PCV retrofit, fuel, entry fee, oil change & a set of plugs) going to CMP & making zero laps without issues.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Planning another Mountain Road Drive, this time in NC ***December 7th 2023***

Leaving Clover, SC around 7~8am (secondary meet up in Gastonia, NC)

Staging in Marion, NC approximately 10am then moving onto the good stuff near that area.

Lunch will be at Hillman Beer in Old Fort, NC.

I can share the route details with whoever’s attending, but after several trips to the area I can confirm it rivals the two Dragons we’ve been to before!
Good roads up there for sure. I'll be working that day, though 😕

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
I work 12 hour shifts with alternating weekends so I also have a lot of weekdays off, the 7th just isn't one of them lol. Week days are *definitely* better for these types of drives.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Yeah I’d hate to go on a weekend & deal with traffic.

Everyone going this trip works in aviation, so 3-4 long work days and a long “weekend” every week.
I get that. Weekdays and early mornings are the right move for clearer roads. Y'all have a fun rip up there