GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

B&B exhaust issue

peppy2

Ready to race!
I am having an issue trying to get the tips lined up. The dealership said they tried to adjust it but they couldnt get it. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Last edited:

nateonator

Had a similar issue when I installed the magnaflow cb. Ended up loosening the last couple of clamps and then re-tighten them with someone forcing the short tip end out with a large breaker bar. Repeat until flush.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Mine is similar. I've adjusted it numerous times and the left side sits out a tad more than the right. I was able to adjust it so it's not as noticeable, but it's still not perfect. I'm thinking about taking it to an exhaust shop and having them modify it.

peppy2

Ready to race!
I don't feel like I should have to take is somewhere to be modified and pay extra for something that is supposed to be custom made for our application.

Last edited:

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
I don't feel like I should have to take is somewhere to be modified and pay extra for something that is supposed to be custom made for our application. I left an email at B&B also explaining them the issue. Hopefully if others are having the same problem, they can correct it instead of repeatedly making it wrong. It would be nice if they can fix the issue, send it to me and I ship back the crooked one!:D

Keep us updated with what they say. It upsets me too and I'm hoping they can fix it.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It would be nice if they can fix the issue, send it to me and I ship back the crooked one!
:rolleyes:

Try readjusting the rear hangers first (the 13mm bolts) to try and tweek it

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Every B&B Catback I've seen in person has this issue.

Its sounds incredible though.

peppy2

Ready to race!
It does sound good though. It's seems a bit quieter at lower speeds than when I had the cat back stock exhaust. The APR downpipe and muffler delete had a slight more drone at cruising speeds

Last edited: