GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech/Sachs Shocks with VWR Springs

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
I have a set of Autotech/Sachs monotube shocks with VWR springs.
These rode very well for smooth roads and could absorb minor shocks very well and handled like a dream. Drop was nice, though the TT rear spring perches are needed to avoid excessive reverse rake.

The GTI is doing more daily driving duties, so I'm saving up for HPA SHS.

The setup has less than 10,000 miles; includes strut mounts and bearings that were replaced new when I got these shocks and springs on.

Just for the shocks, $300 local or $350 shipped
Just for the springs, $160 local or $200 shipped
Buy together, $400 local or $500 shipped

Last edited:

Bacarat2003

I have a set of Autotech/Sachs monotube shocks with VWR springs.
These rode very well for smooth roads and could absorb minor shocks very well and handled like a dream. Drop was nice, though the TT rear spring perches are needed to avoid excessive reverse rake.

The GTI is doing more daily driving duties, so I'm saving up for HPA SHS.

The setup has less than 10,000 miles; includes strut mounts and bearings that were replaced new when I got these shocks and springs on.

I am looking for $400 local (SoCal) or $500 shipped.
Are these still available ?

cs_cabrone

Not to sound like a total knob head- do you suspect these would work on on a 6R?

I would assume those springs would work on an R, too

Last edited:

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Physically they will fit on a Golf R.
These are for a GTI, so the ride height will be lower if you put them on the R. I'm not exactly sure how the spring rates would compare for the different weight, but I can't imagine it to be terribly off. It'd be like if I permanently drove around with a Haldex differential and a set of axles in my trunk.