GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic rain closing mot working

funvw5

Ready to race!
Coded my 2015 PP GTI to auto close the windows when it rains. Trying to test by pouring a cup of water on the top of the windscreen. But the windows arent closing? Coded as follows from the following links...

Will a cup a water activate the auto closing function on the windows?

6. Automatic rain closing
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

9 Central Electronics
Rain and light sensor
Byte 0…Enable Bit 2 “Regenschliessen aktiv”. (rain closing active)
Bit 1 should be active too….Regenlicht aktiv (rain light active)
My Old coding…..00A8DD
My New coding….06A8DD

I changed the code to match the last line here, this was the last thng i did.

https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/comfort/auto-rain-closing

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491

Maybe my test is flawed?

funvw5

Ready to race!
Tested with a garden hose this am, spraying water 20 feet into the air, from about 15-20 feet away. Still doesnt work�� Suppoe I'll undo the changes.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Common that this one doesn't work. Seems to be 50-50 chance from what I have seen. If you read through all the VCDS tweaks posts you'll see a lot of people not getting this one to work.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
First thing to check is all windows open and close with the one click on the door switch as if one doesn't it will not work and the window causing the fault will need a simple reset.

Second thing is make sure auto wipers and auto lights are on.

It works with just a wet finger on the sensor so cups and hoses will(should) definitely trigger it to close.

funvw5

Ready to race!
First thing to check is all windows open and close with the one click on the door switch as if one doesn't it will not work and the window causing the fault will need a simple reset.

It works with just a wet finger on the sensor so cups and hoses will(should) definitely trigger it to close.[/QUOTE

Thanks, Ill test that out. My auto wipers are not on. Lights are always on the auto setting.

funvw5

Ready to race!

It works with just a wet finger on the sensor so cups and hoses will(should) definitely trigger it to close.[/QUOTE

Thanks, Ill test that out. My auto wipers are not on. Lights are always on the auto setting.

Nothing. Lol

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just looked back at my coding and this is what I used a couple of years ago to code mine.

[Rain Closing]

Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG Access Permission -> Function 16
Access code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
Value: Permanent
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Aktif
STG Long Coding -> Function 07
Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

funvw5

Ready to race!
Just looked back at my coding and this is what I used a couple of years ago to code mine.

[Rain Closing]

STG Access Permission -> Function 16
Access code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Aktif
STG Long Coding -> Function 07
Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

I changed my coding to match the last section of yours.
Still nothing, I am here doing something wrong or like my car. Lol

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
If you have OBD11, you can look at live data of the RLS in the central electrics section. This will at least tell you if your sensor is working properly. If you believe the issue is code related that a bit harder to chase. Reset widows/mirrors/lights would be my next suggestion?

funvw5

Ready to race!
If you have OBD11, you can look at live data of the RLS in the central electrics section. This will at least tell you if your sensor is working properly. If you believe the issue is code related that a bit harder to chase. Reset widows/mirrors/lights would be my next suggestion?

I would think the sensor is good, it turns on the wipers when it should.

funvw5

Ready to race!
Do all the windows roll up/down on one click of the relevant door switches as that is the only thing that has ever stopped mine closing?

Yep, all the windows work. Tried with Kessy not in range as well. Current RLS coding is 00A8DD, but I've tried it "on" as well.

9 Central Electronics
Rain and light sensor
My Old coding…..00A8DD
My New coding….06A8DD

Shy Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 Autobahn
Yep, all the windows work. Tried with Kessy not in range as well. Current RLS coding is 00A8DD, but I've tried it "on" as well.

9 Central Electronics
Rain and light sensor
My Old coding…..00A8DD
My New coding….06A8DD
Did you ever figure this out?