GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink?

GotHerFast

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have the part number for the trim to cover the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Moving into my first single family/with garage house this month. Can. Not. Wait.

GotHerFast

Passed Driver's Ed
Umm the mirror is a kit and comes with all the wiring and wire covers. Does it not?

It looks like it. Someone mentioned to "make sure you get the cover" so I was just checking to clarify and without a response I'm going by the illustrations on the vw site I ordered from. :)

Mk7NMpdx

Ready to race!
Edit: I'm an idiot I promise I can read titles lol. Disregard this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ilukicisb

I have read somewhere that it is not compatible with cars that have lane assist, is that true?

IDriveaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you provide any details about the install? In particular about removing and re-installing the a-pillar and the loosening of the head liner? Do they just snap on / snap off?

I googled and found how to take apart the a pillers. There was a British or AU site if I remember right. I ended up mangling my clips pretty good. :(. I don't remember reinstalling the a pallet being difficult once I figured out how it came off.

The worst part is trying to get the wire ran and covered by the headliner. I spent a while cursing trying to push the wire under the headliner and got most of it. I couldn't find a good diy on how to take that down. If I wasn't so cheap, I would have paid the dealer to do it right with the right tools.

I can't deny the awesomeness of this upgrade though. Definitely a high class upgrade.

Elwood

3-7-77
I googled and found how to take apart the a pillers. There was a British or AU site if I remember right. I ended up mangling my clips pretty good. :(. I don't remember reinstalling the a pallet being difficult once I figured out how it came off.

The worst part is trying to get the wire ran and covered by the headliner. I spent a while cursing trying to push the wire under the headliner and got most of it. I couldn't find a good diy on how to take that down. If I wasn't so cheap, I would have paid the dealer to do it right with the right tools.

I can't deny the awesomeness of this upgrade though. Definitely a high class upgrade.

There really is no saving the clips. Buy

• 5G0867276B x2
  • 4A0867276 x 1
The instructions that came with the mirror (ECS) were pretty good, but took apart way too much stuff (like the bits around the front quarter window - you can just move them a little to route the harness). I had no trouble getting the wire above the headliner. Luck, maybe, but if you start at the headlight switch and work your way up, it seems to go pretty easy.

Last edited:

IslandHydro

There really is no saving the clips. Buy

• 5G0867276B x2
  • 4A0867276 x 1
The instructions that came with the mirror (ECS) were pretty good, but took apart way too much stuff (like the bits around the front quarter window - you can just move them a little to route the harness). I had no trouble getting the wire above the headliner. Luck, maybe, but if you start at the headlight switch and work your way up, it seems to go pretty easy.

I bought the mirror kit, but didn't get instructions. My dealer came up with something, but not very detailed. For example my instructions state: "remove the A-Pillar trim" without any additional info. I'd prefer a bit more detail before I start prying my new car apart... Do you still have the instructions that came with yours? Seems like you got more info than I have.

Elwood

3-7-77
Instructions are gone. If you start pulling at the top, you can see the first clip. I used some long needle-nose pliers to reach in a grab it. Kinda mangled it up, but it came loose. Then you can work on the second one and then the third. I don't know what else to say about it. It's a bit nerve wracking.

xmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Just want to give a heads up to others here, if you've got a 2017 GTI SE with the rain sensors the part #000072548F should be the right one. I got the C for my car and while it works fine the OEM covers are slightly off when trying to put them back on and it won't fit without physical modification.

I've got the F version on order now so I can swap it out and use the OEM covers, will update when I get it in to confirm it fits properly and will be offering a good price on the C version due to my mistake :(