GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aussie R Mk7 R stage 1++

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Thought I would post up my build thread. The mod list just keeps growing!

Bought Black DSG MK7 R June 14!

Added vwr panel filter week 1. Too new to car to notice any difference.

Dec 14 I got APR stage 1 tune! Massive difference over stock. Huge power and torque totally transforms car.

Next I added VWR r600 intake, really liked the design of it. Combined with tune made slight better response but mainly gave really nice turbo sound!

I then bought and got installed pedal box! Really improved the accelerator pedal, basically removed all the pedal lag ! I personally love it!

Then I bought GFB DV+ and spulen boost pipe kit! I waited til June 15 and had them installed at time of first service. I had also arranged to have Harding Performance DSG tune. Whilst turbo pipes off I was offered free install on APR turbo muffler delete, prob doesn't do much but thought why not, certainly won't hurt !

My mechanic had big issues installing the turbo outlet pipes saying not best design or fit ( I would recommend just throttle pipe) also my VWR would t fit so either had to remove pipes or get APR intake which they tested and fit. I chose to get APR intake .

The overall response noticeably better with them better than my tuners car which is stage 2 and also DSG flash so very happy with combo!

The DSG tune has made big improvement in drivability fixing up
D mode so it holds gears better and doesn't do changes when not needed and really toned down R mode so usable, still aggressive but doesn't hang on gears for eternity! Also the take off is greatly improved, basically now have no hesitation or lag at all!

For me it's in my mind perfect combo! Super responsive, fantastic turbo sound and more power and torque than you can use legally !

Also since upgrading DV+ turbo flutter ( possible surge?) gone!

It's a shame that in my mind you need tune/dsg tune, intake and pedal box to fix and greatly improve stock modes/flaws.

Now time to just enjoy! Only thing left tempting me is P3 gauge.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Nice combo.
You seem to enjoy a responsive car; you should maybe consider a lightweight crank pulley. I was going over that turbo flutter noise which you got sorted out; I think the muffler delete may have resolved this more than the DV+; I take it you had both installed at the same time.

TooManyHobbies

Ready to race!
interested to learn more about this pedal box. Finally driving the car hard for the first time and I HATE this play in the gas pedal. I keep asking myself " is it all the way down?"

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Nice combo.
You seem to enjoy a responsive car; you should maybe consider a lightweight crank pulley. I was going over that turbo flutter noise which you got sorted out; I think the muffler delete may have resolved this more than the DV+; I take it you had both installed at the same time.

Yes, I love response and low end torque as daily. It's hard to say what fixed it. Getting the DV+, turbo muffler delete, spulen pipes and swapping from VWR intake to APR all at same time. Hard to say exactly what fixed it. I'll report back more once spent some time behind wheel. Only driven few short trips since latest mods as away on holiday for week.

I did think about pulley kit but very mixed reviews I've read so not interested.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
interested to learn more about this pedal box. Finally driving the car hard for the first time and I HATE this play in the gas pedal. I keep asking myself " is it all the way down?"

The pedal box really enhances the pedal response. Basically removes all the play/lag in it. I'm fairly light on pedal so love it. Heaps of good reviews about it on UK forums.