GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi USA taking a pandering stand for equal pay

https://www.facebook.com/audi/videos/10154077270891470/

Looks like audi USA is taking a soapbox out so they can announce their (insincere) stand for equal pay for women. Little do they know their statistics aren't factual, and if it were true that a woman could be hired for less for the same position, hours, etc with the same level of experience, then they'd only hire women.

Not sure why they feel they need to hop on the SJW train, but this just soured my opinion of them.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Little do they know their statistics aren't factual

Eh? I didn't really see any statistics posted in the actual video.

*edit* I guess you're talking about the 21% mentioned in the post? Sure, it's more complicated than that.

Last edited:
They are attempting to respond to comments on that video pointing out their phony statistics with a biased... a commonly identified biased wage gap stats article that has already been debunked, and in fact debunks itself. They should stick to making cars and leave the politics out before they alienate a giant portion of their male demographic clientele.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
is this a thread where angry right-wingers will cry about their manhood being threatened???

Jesus I thought you got panned for your stupidity already.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i thought the commercial could have been better.

Also... not to be that guy but im sure her great grandfather did make more money than her great grandmother as back then very few women had real jobs.

i thought the commercial could have been better.

Also... not to be that guy but im sure her great grandfather did make more money than her great grandmother as back then very few women had real jobs.

Sure, the pay gap DID exist, but after extensive studies by unbiased third parties to actually find out either the cause of the pay gap, or to disprove it altogether, it was found that in many instances in our modern world, the pay gap does not exist, and that women actually are paid less on some occasions because they work less, take more time off, aren't paid a maternity leave when they have children, etc. This all affects overall income earned. Women on average pursue different career goals, where as men want to be top earner, or make partner, or excel at a quicker rate than others around them by staying later, working more, not taking time off, working weekends, etc.

By any legal sense, though... the pay gap would be illegal if a male and female with the same level of education, experience, seniority, qualifications, hours, and job position received different pay. That simply is not the case, and if it could be done by major corporations, men would never be hired, since they would know they could pay women less to do the same job.

Now back in 1945, you could get away with that sort of thing, just like you could get away with paying black employees less, or hispanics less. In some ways that still does occur, but mostly in a undocumented worker setting where these people are paid less because they are being paid under the table and they can't rely on the Department of Labor to step in on their behalf.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
If we're going to hop on the equality train then we also are going to need to get rid of girls getting in the club and bars free and guys paying a cover because that is technically illegal

red_stapler

Ready to race!
women actually are paid less on some occasions because they work less, take more time off, aren't paid a maternity leave when they have children, etc.

It sounds like you're going with Claudia Goldin's findings? I'm down with that. What study was Audi mentioning?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It sounds like you're going with Claudia Goldin's findings? I'm down with that. What study was Audi mentioning?

Probably just using their internal finances and realizing they pay women less.

If we're going to hop on the equality train then we also are going to need to get rid of girls getting in the club and bars free and guys paying a cover because that is technically illegal

Ladies night, we're also going to need to set a pay standard as a polled 97% of straight women, between the ages of 18 and 40 believe a man should pay for dinner/dates.

We'd also need to abolish affirmative action.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
With people like the OP, I don't blame Audi for the need to produce the ad (which has made the usual crowd very touchy and sensitive).