GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Can a OEM GTI pendulum bushing be used or does it need to be a R? I was thinking OEM puck + powerflex street. Anyone running an aftermarket puck?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
didn't fit my arm so I returned it for the unitronic mount. being installed this week.
You opted not to install the VWR arm? Keep us posted. I've been looking at that one as well.

Last edited:

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Can a OEM GTI pendulum bushing be used or does it need to be a R? I was thinking OEM puck + powerflex street. Anyone running an aftermarket puck?

If you're going to be installing the subframe, why not get solid bushings while you're in there? Something like the RacingLine that has both the upper and lower solid puck. I know there's other manufacturers for it as well, but I forget off the top of my head.

FWIW, my mechanic was happy I had aftermarket pucks, because he said it's a major PITA to install the OE one.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
If you're going to be installing the subframe, why not get solid bushings while you're in there? Something like the RacingLine that has both the upper and lower solid puck. I know there's other manufacturers for it as well, but I forget off the top of my head.

FWIW, my mechanic was happy I had aftermarket pucks, because he said it's a major PITA to install the OE one.
That's what I was thinking. Looking at unitronic and vwr. Which one did you go with?

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You opted not to install the VWR arm? Keep us posted. I've been looking at that one as well.
not an option if it doesn't fit. VWR stopped responding to me trying to get them to take measurements from my stock aluminum arm (both VWR and unitronic replace the steel portion of the dogbone, and keep the stock aluminum portion). uni fit my arm and they claim it'll fit the aluminum subframe without mod, we'll see.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
not an option if it doesn't fit. VWR stopped responding to me trying to get them to take measurements from my stock aluminum arm (both VWR and unitronic replace the steel portion of the dogbone, and keep the stock aluminum portion). uni fit my arm and they claim it'll fit the aluminum subframe without mod, we'll see.
Was this the MK8/EVO version you had issues with?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Was this the MK8/EVO version you had issues with?
Yes, the transmission and subframe are identical to my car, so it seemed likely they would fit. Apparently not.
FWIW I still haven't confirmed the Uni one fits. They say it will but won't tell me which sway bars they tested it with. I'll report back later this week

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Yes, the transmission and subframe are identical to my car, so it seemed likely they would fit. Apparently not.
FWIW I still haven't confirmed the Uni one fits. They say it will but won't tell me which sway bars they tested it with. I'll report back later this week
Hmm... Odd VWR told me it would fit.

Pardon me I'm a bit confused. So you wanted to fit the VWR dogbone with the ECS arm but it didn't work. And the VWR dogbone with the supplied VWR arm didn't work either correct?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I didn't say anything about the ECS arm. That's being removed entirely with either setup.

Re-read my comments about what the arm is connecting to.

Pabo

Car(s)
Clubsport GTI
I'm planning to upgrade my subframe. I ordered already a dead set kit from 034 Motorsport for Audi S3. There kits are different for aluminum or steel subframe. I was looking to get a 5Q0199369G but wrote that 3Q0199369E will fit to. Are there completely identical?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm planning to upgrade my subframe. I ordered already a dead set kit from 034 Motorsport for Audi S3. There kits are different for aluminum or steel subframe. I was looking to get a 5Q0199369G but wrote that 3Q0199369E will fit to. Are there completely identical?
the aluminum subframe bolts are longer.