GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arrivedverci

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Love the performance of the Elantra N. Civic Type R performance for 10-30k less (depending on markup).

Just can't get past the looks. Might be ok in black.

Would rather the Kona N if it was AWD manual
I thought the same thing until I actually saw the elantra N in person. It looks too busy in photos but in person it all works, looks especially good in that blue.

That N mode is pretty fun. Factory pops and bangs, Hyundai knows what the people want.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Long time member from 2015 GTI through 2021 GLI. Learned a lot here and hopefully paid it forward over the years. Today I picked up an Elantra N. Lifes too short to drive boring cars. Maybe see you down the road.
Excellent! Enjoy the N!
I've had my '15 GTI for eight years now, and that makes it far and away the longest I've ever owned a vehicle.
Hard to believe I'll be 60 in a few months.
I'm planning to hold on to this car 'till the Social Security checks come in at 62.
I'm interested in a Hyundai Santa Cruz myself.
Essentially the same acceleration as the GTI, without needing to wince over potholes, manhole covers, severe dips in pavement - plus

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Thinking pictures will not be received well here generally. PM for those. One ‘difference‘ to note is that OEM tires on both need to be changed out by most people immediately. The GLI because the OEM Kinergy’s are among the worst A/S tires ever made. The N’s because the the OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4S‘s are among the best ever but absolutely cannot be used in snowy climates.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thinking pictures will not be received well here generally. PM for those. One ‘difference‘ to note is that OEM tires on both need to be changed out by most people immediately. The GLI because the OEM Kinergy’s are among the worst A/S tires ever made. The N’s because the the OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4S‘s are among the best ever but absolutely cannot be used in snowy climates.

My buddy who got the EN got the very first one in the state.

In January.

In New England.

He drove out of the dealer on PS4S summer tires :ROFLMAO:

Within a week, he swapped over to DWS06+ tires, and recouped most of his money selling the PS4S's with less than a hundred miles on them.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
Long time member from 2015 GTI through 2021 GLI. Learned a lot here and hopefully paid it forward over the years. Today I picked up an Elantra N. Lifes too short to drive boring cars. Maybe see you down the road.
Similar interest here. Mk5, 6, and 7 GTIs and Mk7 GLI. All APR Stage One. Still have the Mk7 GTI and GLI. No problems with any of these. The big difference in performance and handling with the Jetta Autobahn was the tune and performance tires/wheels. I have looked at the Elantra N but not driven. Yes, the price is right and unlike others, I like the styling. I believe my tuned GLI might be quicker than your N, but it can be tuned as well.

Been looking for another bucket list (I am 83) toy, but the crazy pricing of my favorites, Golf R or Civic Type R, is unacceptable.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
No. Not the true meaning of the title.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Is this like the last time you left the forums after getting rid of your MK7? If so, will we see you back in a VW soon XD

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
I saw an Elantra N the other day and he wanted nothing to do with me as I pulled along side of him. I thought we had timed it perfectly for us to hit a yellow light and run from a dig, but that bitch didn’t want to see what’s what and rolled through. Sad but smart on his part.

Have fun with your N, I hope it’s an awesome car for you.

This may shock you, but not everyone's instant reaction to a green light is to floor it, despite what car they are driving. I have bestest many an Audi and BMW because they didn't know/care we were racing

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
This may shock you, but not everyone's instant reaction to a green light is to floor it, despite what car they are driving. I have bestest many an Audi and BMW because they didn't know/care we were racing
Well it was yellow, and we were right next to each other. For all I know he was a 68 year old guy not really caring to race.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

I am undefeated when the other car doesn't know we're racing.