GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are there any 19" 5 star wheels 20lbs. or less?

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
Team, I really appreciate all the info on this site, I have been an an enthusiast on a number of forums, but recent VW service training frankly has me alarmed to do to much in the way of tuning, until the warranty is up. I am sure other companies will follow, but I feel with "diselgate" wrapping up sometime around 2019 things may get worse before they get better as far as mod friendly service centers.

That said I will concentrate on functional tasteful modifications 1st. I understand the factory 2017 Golf R wheels at just above 23lbs. per rim. I would like to get a set of five stars as light as possible (definitely 20 lbs or much less), which most likely means forged or exotic alloys, and stay at 19". I also am probably under the correct presumption it will be around 1k per wheel. What 5 star options or custom venders could hit the mark? Ideally 18lbs. as to clip 5lbs. off per wheel to keep the warranty, have less rotating mass, better stopping, steering, mpg. and since my heart goes out to 5 star rims......better looks?

Any ideas are appreciated. I know the tune would be the way to go, and I will, but not just yet. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Team, I really appreciate all the info on this site, I have been an an enthusiast on a number of forums, but recent VW service training frankly has me alarmed to do to much in the way of tuning, until the warranty is up. I am sure other companies will follow, but I feel with disengage wrapping up sometime around 2019 things may get worse before they get better as far as mod friendly service centers.

That said I will concentrate on functional tasteful modifications 1st. I understand the factory 2017 Golf R wheels at just above 23lbs. per rim. I would like to get a set of five stars as light as possible (definitely 20 lbs or much less), which most likely means forged or exotic alloys, and stay at 19". I also am probably under the correct presumption it will be around 1k per wheel. What 5 star options or custom venders could hit the mark? Ideally 18lbs. as to clip 5lbs. off per wheel to keep the warranty, have less rotating mass, better stopping, steering, mpg. and since my heart goes out to 5 star rims......better looks?

Any ideas are appreciated. I know the tune would be the way to go, and I will, but not just yet. Thanks in advance.

Did your R not come with Pretoria's
I thought they where 19/20 lbs a rim

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
Check BC Forged, they have some nice designs. My wheels are 19x9 and weigh 19.5lbs, I believe 19x8.5 was under 19lbs

Chad1140

Passed Driver's Ed
The Pretoria's in 18 may be around that weight, but in 19" they are slightly above 23lbs., thanks for letting me know that weight though.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
The Pretoria's in 18 may be around that weight, but in 19" they are slightly above 23lbs., thanks for letting me know that weight though.

Could have sworn they were 9.3 kg which is like 20.48lbs could be wrong definitely not over 21 lbs for the rim

I talking the real ones and not the fakes