GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2 v2.6 Now Available for the New Golf R, S3 and TTS

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

APR Stage 2 v2.6 is now available for the new Golf R, S3 and TTS! This new update provides better 0-60 mph times through a recalibrated launch control strategy within the ECU. During testing we saw 0-60 times reduce from an average of 3.6s to 3.4s and 3.2s via Dragy! Other improvement include a more linearized throttle map, improved boost control, and more drivability changes.

Please note: APR suggests servicing and cleaning the factory Haldex filter for best results! No updates to the TCU are required. V2.6 changes and improvements are applicable to 6MT vehicles as well.

This free update is now available worldwide. #GOAPR

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Please note: APR suggests servicing and cleaning the factory Haldex filter for best results!

Can you elaborate on that? First time I've seen anyone even reference the Haldex filter. Does the mileage on the filter matter? And why is this particular upgrade even related to needing that service?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Can you elaborate on that? First time I've seen anyone even reference the Haldex filter. Does the mileage on the filter matter? And why is this particular upgrade even related to needing that service?

I'd service it every 10-15K. The filter is typically littered with trash.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3

It's not an upgrade, it's a service item. The Haldex pump has a built in filter that needs cleaned periodically. Typically more when the AWD is kicking in with any regularity. I do mine every 15k given the platforms propensity to have the Haldex fail.

If this is the first you're hearing of it, read up on it. Haldex is far from bulletproof on the MQB platform.

italynstylion

Ready to race!
It's not an upgrade, it's a service item. The Haldex pump has a built in filter that needs cleaned periodically. Typically more when the AWD is kicking in with any regularity. I do mine every 15k given the platforms propensity to have the Haldex fail.

If this is the first you're hearing of it, read up on it. Haldex is far from bulletproof on the MQB platform.

It's not that I'm unaware of the filter needing to be changed due to time/miles. Just seemed odd that as a result of a power modification it would be mentioned. Though I agree, making sure it's proper due to AWD being called upon more frequently is likely the right thought.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Is that only ROW cars that have seen the improved times? Or any US cars? I just checked the leaderboard on Dragy and it’s mainly UK cars over the last month with fast times.