GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

App Connect activation problem

dshelton999

Hi,

I have had App connect activated today via laptop and sd card. They have also activated the voice control and performance monitor.

The problem i am having is android auto is not working. I have tried 3 different cables and 3 different samsung phones but it just doesn't come on. I can get it to connect via mirror link via usb and use car mode app. I have tried an iPhone 7 and CarPlay which works ok.

I will be taking it back to the person that activated it but just wanted to see if there is anything i can do to get it to work?

thanks

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
I had AppConnect enabled though dealer last year, IOS worked immediately.
I also have an android work phone and my son has his ?S7? neither of which could get to work. After 5 mins of downloading updates on the phone(s) and faffing around I gave up.
Not the answer you were looking for but maybe some assurance that android auto doesn't work out of the box in every case.

dshelton999

I had AppConnect enabled though dealer last year, IOS worked immediately.
I also have an android work phone and my son has his ?S7? neither of which could get to work. After 5 mins of downloading updates on the phone(s) and faffing around I gave up.
Not the answer you were looking for but maybe some assurance that android auto doesn't work out of the box in every case.

Ok,
Thanks for your reply. Can you check the app connect settings on your head unit to see if it has the option to select mirror link or android auto?
Thanks

cipry15

Make sure you have the latest version of android auto on your android device + Google services updated.
Try to clear data cache of both AA and Google services and reboot then connect to your car.
Make sure your AA app on your device isn't in the list of battery optimization or hibernation by default.