GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone try General G-Max AS-05 tires?

wbw

Ready to race!
Anyone tried these yet? They're inexpensive but have decent reviews on TireRack, but they haven't been out too long. I'll get rid of my OE tires before they wear out and will probably get these Generals or the Continental DWS 06. I've had the Contis before and liked them but thinking about trying something different. Anyone have experience with these Generals?

Madsedan

I just had a set installed last week as a recommendation from tire rack and they are really great tires, especially for the price. I was going to buy the Firehawk 500 but tire rack said these outperformed them in the wet and were as good if not better in most other areas.
Smooth and stable on the highway for my 80+mph commute, no trammeling, and smooth up to 125 or so that I got up to recently.
Grip is predictable at speed and I haven’t found the limits yet. I will be driving some seriously fun twisty roads this weekend to see how they perform but so far they have been great considering I only paid like $500 for them in 235/40-18.
These were about 3 # lighter than the fire hawks as well according to tirerack.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’ve had mine for a week having replaced the OEM Pirellis. I have a review up from last weekend. Great deal and much better tires. Sold the takeoffs for $250.:)

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Can one of you guys take a picture of the tire mounted on stock wheel? From the side and also from slightly behind it, so I can get a look at the sidewalk and how it sits? Thanks if you have the time

wbw

Ready to race!
Thanks guys. I will probably give them a try when the time comes. They should be better than the Bridgestones that came on the car.

The Generals are lighter than most of the other tires that I've been considering. That's good, but to me it also indicates that there is less material in the tire compared to the others.

I finally saw your review dequardo. Somehow I missed that when I did a search.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Way better and 5 lbs lighter per tire than my OEM Pirellis.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Can one of you guys take a picture of the tire mounted on stock wheel? From the side and also from slightly behind it, so I can get a look at the sidewalk and how it sits? Thanks if you have the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfury5

Autocross Champion
FWIW, General is owned by Contintental so if you liked the DWS-06, you'll likely have a similar experience with the AS-05.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I’ve had these tires for the last 7-8k. They were great all last winter (very mild) and fantastic this summer. They are so good that I’ve decided against a dedicated summer tire, because and faster than I can go now is no good for me anyways. I plan to add these to my wife’s car when the time comes as well. Can’t recommend them enough.