GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone think this is worth it (ebay upper strut brace)

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Also my rear brace had a shipping expception and I don't know when it will arrive, hopefully tomorrow

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
can the cowling be re-installed with either the EuroCode or EuroSport bars? it's hard to tell if either sits low enough beneath the cowl.
Eurosport fits under the rain tray, you don't even have to remove it to install

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
can the cowling be re-installed with either the EuroCode or EuroSport bars? it's hard to tell if either sits low enough beneath the cowl.
The Euro Code bar also fits under the rain tray.

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
What’s your driving impression?
That I need new tires :cry::ROFLMAO:

All kidding aside, it definitely feels more direct and I can tell it's there (just like strut braces in other cars I've done) all it takes is a quick shimmy on a straight road to confirm its effectiveness.

It started a rattle in my driver door somewhere...

I also installed my 22mm superpro rsb and endlinks at the same time so I'm not going to be too presumptuous on the effects. Car drives great.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I installed it. It's great.

Heres my notes
- easy ass install. Took 15 minutes and only because my passenger strut tower was not aligned to the holes well.

- dont remove the wipers... I dont know who did that but it's dumb. You just follow their instructions you dont need extra access to the space.

- if your strut tower holes are misaligned like mine you need the jack up that side of the car to reposition them. Use a Phillips screwdriver down the hole to pry back into place.

- I replaced all screws with the provided non stretch hardware and torqued to 22ftlb. Seems good
hey not dumb, I had to take the wipers off, im on coilovers and studs so i needed long sockets in there and that wouldn't fit under the rain tray. Im sure people on normal bolts don't need to take it off just loosen it. to each their own

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Don't feel bad, I've got to pull the rain trays to run my headlight wiring harness anyhow. So long as you mark where your wiper were before removal, not a big deal to pop them off.

For those asking, both the EuroSport and EuroCode brace fit under the rain tray after install. They just show them pictured with it off for effect.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I never gave much thought to adding an upper strut brace to my R, but seeing the pricing for Black Friday I think I may pick up the Eurosport or the Eurocode version. I use to run the Neuspeed ones on all my mk1s and mk2s way back in the day and they did make a huge difference on those cars but figured on these more modern cars it wouldn't be very beneficial. Seems like I'm wrong judging by the reviews here.
My one question is on the Eurosport 2 bolt mount vs the Eurocode 3 bolt mount solution. Probably overthinking this but it would seem the Eurocode mount at all 3 points on the strut tower would provide a more uniform load during spirited driving and on the track. Any thoughts on this?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
There's no way the 3rd bolt makes a difference

Reactions: MSH

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There's no way the 3rd bolt makes a difference
Same with the adjustability aspect, that’s a Gimmick for the most part... once you bolt it down it’s doesn’t know the difference of 39.2” vs 39.8” , it’s a not true item that creates a “pre-load”

Last edited:

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Thanks guys. Yup like I said I’m overthinking it. Picking up the Eurosport one today. Will pair nicely with the unibrace xbq already on the car. Another addition on my big list of suspension bits to get installed over winter.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Well, mine arrived today and I'll probably head over to the garage to install it now. Won't test until some time next week most likely.

Nice. Did you order from Eurosport direct? I ordered from ECS because although Eurosport was cheaper for the actual bar they charge shipping where ECS does not, so ECS was still cheaper.. Downside is ECS is still waiting for stock. Currently a 12/9 arrival date at ECS.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nice. Did you order from Eurosport direct? I ordered from ECS because although Eurosport was cheaper for the actual bar they charge shipping where ECS does not, so ECS was still cheaper.. Downside is ECS is still waiting for stock. Currently a 12/9 arrival date at ECS.

I ordered directly. Got it within maybe 4 days?

Word of advice: I read somewhere here on the forum that it's helpful to jack up the car to supposedly relieve the pressure on the strut. Well, I recommend against it. Shit gets misaligned really easily that way. Just leave the car on the ground and follow the instructions provided with the bar.