GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone think this is worth it (ebay upper strut brace)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I ordered directly. Got it within maybe 4 days?

Word of advice: I read somewhere here on the forum that it's helpful to jack up the car to supposedly relieve the pressure on the strut. Well, I recommend against it. Shit gets misaligned really easily that way. Just leave the car on the ground and follow the instructions provided with the bar.
Agree. Takes maybe 20 minutes if you have the sockets set out ahead of time. Don't even need to fully remove the rain tray, you can just slide it in as stated in their instructions and torque everything down.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Word of advice: I read somewhere here on the forum that it's helpful to jack up the car to supposedly relieve the pressure on the strut. Well, I recommend against it. Shit gets misaligned really easily that way. Just leave the car on the ground and follow the instructions provided with the bar.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, mine have to come out anyways for Eibach prokit springs, Superpro camber mounts & LCAs. Will be nice to get all those bits in but not really looking forward to the install on all of it.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I mentioned the jacking part in my writeup - the trick is to not remove the bolts all at once.

Jack - Loosen all 3 bolts, remove the 2 rear ones, install the brace, then remove the front one.

Its all luck though, if everything is in place then there is no need. I was unlucky and one side needed to be jacked up.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I mentioned the jacking part in my writeup - the trick is to not remove the bolts all at once.

Jack - Loosen all 3 bolts, remove the 2 rear ones, install the brace, then remove the front one.

Its all luck though, if everything is in place then there is no need. I was unlucky and one side needed to be jacked up.

I removed 2 bolts after jacking and stuff really shifted. I mean, it's just dangling off of that one remaining bolt at that point, so no wonder.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Ah, so I suppose a tight front bolt is key, It wasnt an issue for me having it move. a small screwdriver was able to realign

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
1607095608704.png