GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Bilstein B8 struts with aftermarket springs?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I've been on Eibach Prokit springs for ~2 years (10k miles) and my stock struts (non DCC) are still preforming pretty well (no clunks and not too harsh IMO), but thinking of upgrading them with B8s (~$620). Will I notice a big difference over stock or not really? I daily drive and circuit track my GTI a couple times a year.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
I have 20k on B8's with MSS kits street adjustable springs. I cannot recommend them enough for daily duty. I think they offer better dampening than stock, even though they arent adjustable for compression or rebound.
They are an excellent value too.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I ran B8s with my APR springs for about 15k miles. Agreed they make a huge difference and are totally worth it. Ride was a fantastic. I was same situation as you, daily driver but did a few track days a year as well.

Mine are also for sale for quite a reasonable price right now too :)

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I ran B8s with my APR springs for about 15k miles. Agreed they make a huge difference and are totally worth it. Ride was a fantastic. I was same situation as you, daily driver but did a few track days a year as well.

Mine are also for sale for quite a reasonable price right now too :)

Nice! Switched to coils for adjustability?

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
Have them on my car with H&R OEM Sport springs. Ride over broken ground is fantastic, great for a daily with lowering springs. But they are a bit softer than stock and I thought after I installed them that the car lost a touch of the edge it had. But, in order to ride well when lowered you usually have to give something up. Happy with them overall but I'll probably still try something else down the road just to see what another setup feels like.