GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone near Southbend, IN with the performance package?

BrettE

Tire Rack doesn't have fitment information for the PP GTI. Any chance anyone close by could swing by their HQ in Southbend? I think they usually offer some money off wheels and/or tires for your trouble. Maybe a couple hundred bucks? I looked into it when I lived in Ohio before they had fitment info for my FR-S, but someone beat me to it.

Brett

BrettE

Can you drop them a line? I think you can email their general inbox:
https://www.tirerack.com/about/contact_form.jsp

They got back to me pretty quick last week when I asked about wheels for the PP. I hope someone can make it out there before the fall, so I can get snow tires setup :)

I dug up the email I got from them when I asked about bringing them my FR-S. At that time (5/12), they offered wholesale price on wheels/tires. They said that's usually about 15-20% off. I have no idea what they offer now.

Thanks!
Brett

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Yay!

I am desperately waiting for them to have some fitment info...I need to pick up a set of lightweight 17s this year...

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I talked to them and hopefully I can get down there in a week or two.

The brakes are the same as mkv r32 and mk6 R I believe so anything that fits them should be good to go.

BrettE

Sweet. Now we just need someone with a 4-door to chime in. The fitment is probably the same, but I know I'd feel better if they double checked.

If nothing else, they'll probably want one for pictures for their little app that shows wheels on the car.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know many of you are awaiting to see what wheels fit, but wouldn't it be quicker to draw up a template so you know the dimensions of the brakes and you'd be able to determine a little easier what wheels would fit? Otherwise, you'll be limited to only the wheels that are actually test fitted. If someone already with the PP could pull a wheel and make-up a template similar to below, you'd be able to check wheel clearence.

Similar to what Stoptech does for their BBKs.
http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/bbk-wheel-fitment-templates/volkswagen

This way, you'd be able to contact the wheel manufacturer and ask the barrel dimension to see if it'll clear the brakes. Usually, on most performance wheels nowadays, they will clear the caliper or you'd be able to use a small spacer to move the wheel outwards.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I think thats basically what Tire Rack does. Its not terribly easy without CAD to make a templete that might be accurate for the use. I am assuming TR will actually CMM the brake package on the car.

BrettE

I think thats basically what Tire Rack does. Its not terribly easy without CAD to make a templete that might be accurate for the use. I am assuming TR will actually CMM the brake package on the car.

Sure they could probably predict what will fit, but I'm sure they want to see the actually car before they tell someone a wheel will fit. I know I'd be pretty upset if they told me a wheel would fit, and for whatever unforeseen reason it didn't.

In other words, trust but verify :)

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Ok should be about a week and you'll see my beast on their site.

Oh and they're telling me front caliper front rotor and rear rotor are all the same as the golf r but the rear caliper is a little different

Last edited: