GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know how to turn off the speed safety infotainment restrictions in a mk7.5 base stereo

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
As title says. It's annoying that I can't adjust treble, mids and bass while driving.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I guess that's something that changed in the 7.5 because I can adjust everything.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I am looking for this also. They think that passengers cant do anything While the driver pays attention to the road. If someone Has details on this (dummy proof for us programmingly challenged) that would be awesome!

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
It would be in the 5F module, in Adaptations, and the name is "Locked menu contents". Open up that adaptation and for every entry that says "Blocked", change it to "Non-blocked". There are probably 30-40+ 'blocked' entries so it'll take a little while. And when you're done you hold down the green checkmark ✅ to apply the settings.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can get the Carista app and 1 weeks usage for $9.99. You'll need an OBD2 dongle which you can get from Amazon for $15. Then you just go through the customizations in the Carista app to make changes. Find the one you want and enable or disable it or turn it on or off with 1 click. For your specific question you just go to Instruments- Display and Nav and select Allow Car settings in MMI while in motion and select Yes.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Oh, that's awesome. I'm totally changing those settings tomorrow. I'm so tired of that as well.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Oh, that's awesome. I'm totally changing those settings tomorrow. I'm so tired of that as well.
Me too, is unbearable not to be able to do anything because you are moving at 5mph....