Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
It boggles my mind that people want their car to sound like that. But, to each their own.

"pops and bangs" from most tuners, paired with obnoxious exhausts definitely sound like trash lol. Precisely why I prefer MTM's solution modeled after the stock Clubsport tune which has burbles from the factory. Subtle and fun when you're driving spiritedly, but totally civil and refined just driving around town. No gunshot or firework sounds here.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
"pops and bangs" from most tuners, paired with obnoxious exhausts definitely sound like trash lol. Precisely why I prefer MTM's solution modeled after the stock Clubsport tune which has burbles from the factory. Subtle and fun when you're driving spiritedly, but totally civil and refined just driving around town. No gunshot or firework sounds here.

EQT 's stage 1 tune with burbles sounds like that also. Have a friend with it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Out of curiosity I called my local Unitronic tuner and they now switched to Eurodyne dyno tunes for MQB, though they do recommend EQT turbos. Just for a real world comparison it’s $1000 for their protune vs a $500 EQT etune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Out of curiosity I called my local Unitronic tuner and they now switched to Eurodyne dyno tunes for MQB, though they do recommend EQT turbos. Just for a real world comparison it’s $1000 for their protune vs a $500 EQT etune.

You can get the EQT remote dyno tune including renting dyno time for less than a $1000 and you'll be on your final tune in about 2 1/2 hours without having to do all the logging on the street and waiting for revisions to arrive at your final tune.