GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone heard about the new Cobalt SS/TC?

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Just got an email from cobaltss.net since I am a member for my girl and her Cobalt SS/NA. They put the 2.0T Ecotec from the Solstice GXP/Sky Redline. 260hp/tq 5.7 to 60, 14.1 1/4.

It also has a new interior, optional LSD, wider tires, and laps the Nurburgring 13 seconds faster than the SS/SC. I actually am pretty interested in this if there is any way to not get a sunroof with the LSD.

Looks like the ED30 should be on its way to the US to fight the newly coming rivals. I know they arent as refined as the GTI, but still, but these new cars make the GTI have to rely on that aspect more and more.

SS/TC Cobalt should run close to 14 flat

SRT4 Caliber should run mid to low 14

WRX is mid to low 14

I love my GTI, but would like to see it more performance oriented. Ed30 engine, stiffer suspension, and a LSD please.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I saw this on motor trend. I think this might be a mistake because all the features they mentioned are what chevy says for the new HHR SS. Not the cobalt. Among the features are 260 hp turbo engine. This one is a shock, what about a No lift shifting :iono: . How do you do that? Anyway they said it did 8:22 on the Ring which is very fast for a car like that.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
No, its confirmed, it does share its mechanicals with the HHR SS though. No lift shifting must be a computer controled thing where as soon as the clutch is pressed, it holds that RPM and when its engaged, lets it go at same RPM for a faster shift. At least that is my guess with no information except no lifting of the gas pedal is needed to base my guess on. lol

They are really fast according to that time, and it has my attention. Looking for a full test soon.

See, I really like the looks of the SS/SC minus the high wing, which is an option you can delete for a low slung version. My girl has a SS/NA and I like the looks alot, and it handles really well. I consider the looks stock as a toss up.

skatevolcom

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 rabbit
I have seen software for like STi/wrx subarus for the no lift shifting and it is exactly what MKVaaron said. But from what i have heard that it is very hard on the motor and you wont keep your clutch for very long if you use it often. it is a cool feature if you all you do is race your car but not very economical for every day driving.