GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have issues buying from ModdedEuros?

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Just curious if anyone has had issues lately. I bought a set of wheels mid March and I still have no tracking/shipping info. I've emailed with support a couple of times and have been given a new ETA of 4/8. When I log onto the site and go to my account it shows no purchase history on file. The ETA is 2 days away and I haven't heard a peep. This is my first mod for my car (My first VW) and first time using moddedeuros. They seem like a legit site but I'm disappointed in the experience so far. When I bought the wheels, the website says
"In Stock & Ships The Same Business Day", which clearly isn't true. I've checked their website recently and it still says the same thing. I can't imagine I'm the only person to have bought wheels from them recently, am I?

I understand supply chain issues are a real thing with many businesses because of covid, but after dropping over $1,000 on the site, getting some updates, either via direct email, or simply updating the customers profile with some info, would be nice. Instead I feel like I'm sitting in the dark unsure if I should just wait or cancel the order.

2016RSGTI

I’ve bought a few pieces from them, most recently some unitronic intake goodies... they’ve been responsive with me on all of my orders by just replying to the order confirmation email. Both Sito and Sean have helped me with questions with pretty quick response times.

I’m sure it’s just supply chain issues with vendors, which is the case for every industry right now.

congrats on the wheels!

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Just bought a Neuspeed RSB from them and arrived really quickly.

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Thanks guys. New to the VW community and first purchase from them. Just wanted to make sure they're legit. I'll stay patient and hope they get here sooner rather than later. Going on about 3 weeks now. Really excited since they're gonna be my summer setup. New tires are already sitting in the garage just waiting...

Just bought a Neuspeed RSB from them and arrived really quickly.
Damn, wish I hadn't seen this. I was eyeing the RSB for my next purchase. :LOL:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did they charge your credit card? You said the history doesn't show an order for you.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I've ordered a thing or two from them over the years, never had any issues to speak of.

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Did they charge your credit card? You said the history doesn't show an order for you.
My CC was charged and I confirmed with them via email about 5 days after my order. They responded quickly and said they received my order, it's being processed and it should update with tracking info soon. That original statement was 2 weeks ago. I followed up again to see what was going on and was told neuspeed is running late and new eta on 4/8. I took that as, I would receive it on the 8th, as of this posting I checked my profile again and still shows no order on record and I have no new information. I'm reaching out again to see what's going on.

I'm assuming they're a fairly small business but like I said in my original post, some info would be nice. The site should update your order status that way the customer isn't left in the dark. If there's delays, processing, shipped etc it should say so.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I know it doesn’t help you but I ordered some RSB end links today and they’ve already shipped. They are legit.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I too ordered something recently that was “in stock and ships the same business day.” After three business days with no shipping confirmation I emailed them to find out that it wasn’t actually in stock and they were waiting for stock from the manufacturer who was very behind on orders.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
ive ordered numerous stuff through them as they are sort of local to me...about 2 hours away....however if you dont make an account it wont show any purchase history and if you made it after the purchase it still wont show....if email doesnt work call...theyll instantly look into it

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
When I ordered my Neuspeed wheels from another vendor, they shipped directly from Neuspeed and it took 1-1/2 months for them to arrived.
When I ordered them, it said in stock but after the order was placed, a few days later came back as being on backorder. So the issue in my case was at Neuspeed and not the vendor who I bought them from.

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Sounds like that's the issue. I feel like I'm being patient, I'm just disappointed in how the product is advertised. If it's not in stock and ready to ship same business day, they shouldn't be putting that on the website. The lack of information is what annoyed me. Unless I reached out, I'd have no idea what was going on. I know they're not Amazon or some other large vendor, but delays in shipping, especially on a $1,000+ order should at least come with some informational updates via email.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I've always gotten orders from them next day. I live 20 minutes away but that's still a quick turnaround.

I've also asked them to price match stuff and they happily oblige. Solid company for sure.

I would guess this is more of a Neuspeed issue than a ME issue. And they might drop ship wheels, I dunno how much space they have and whether or not they keep dozens of wheel offerings in stock, so "In Stock" might mean Neuspeed has stock, not necessarily ME, and now there is an issue at Neuspeed which is is bogging this down. But that's pure speculation on my part.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
No issues with them on the few times I've made orders from them. Now, if they forget to pack the air freshener with your order, then I'd raise worry for concern.