GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone gotten Ebay LED tails from China?

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
Would like some LED taillights for the GTI but they are quite expensive OEM. Ebay has some that originate in China that are between $500 and $600 which is close to half of what they run elsewhere. They claim to be OEM but we all know better. My question is, has anyone bought/installed these? If so please share your experience.

Msadlow

Problem with the LED tail lights is that you need to run a new wire from the outside light up to the roof and down into the trunk lid. This is for the turn signal to work across the full light. Might be worth it but is quite the DIY.

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
That was the case until very recently when a sponsor on vwvortex developed a harness that made the need to run a wire obsolete. It is now plug and play (I believe, might be some coding).

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
Look for the HS Tuning thread on vortex. However, no one has actually gotten one yet and the sponsor has been cryptic about what exactly the harness entails so it very well may still require running the wire. After the last post I learned that it definitely still requires coding to have the leds function properly.

mlewando

Ready to race!
up! anyone has ordered chinese LED taillights?
How to recognize chinese and EUR OEM ?

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
I have some chinese market OEM lights. They are fine. Indistinguishable from the Euro OEM leds lights as best I can tell.

klr-b-scl1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have some chinese market OEM lights. They are fine. Indistinguishable from the Euro OEM leds lights as best I can tell.

The OEM ones from China are OEM. LED taillights are standard in China for the Golf therefore why there are so many on the market already and the price is lower than previous generations.

There are a few OEM parts manufacturers and the part will carry an identifier of what market they came from. China would be CN