GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any updated tune news??

Calubi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing this out in the wild!

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
If price is your thing then a maestro and a dsg tune is $800 +$375. with maestro but with the cable to do it yourself its $700 plus the deal on DSG $375. $1075 for dsg and stg1-1.5 and stg2 files.
it makes a great value.
Also, i will admit my knowledge of cobb is limited, but looking at the MAPerformance custom tunes they make as much as the stk ED files. The stock eurodyne stg 2 high torque file makes those numbers so no need for a custom tune.

So is the Maestro $800 or $700?

I've seen $800 so 800+375+200 (protune) = $1375

Now I agree ED maps are better than OTS Cobb but if you get a Cobb you don't get it to run the OTS maps. And MAPs OTS map is free and makes the same as ED, so that argument is moot.

Now Cobb is 650+300(most expensive tune, there are cheaper ones)+400(DSG tune estimate?) = $1350

So once again, unless you're getting special pricing or just different pricing than me Cobb is cheaper, has the ability to live log and allow you to see current specs on the AP, and can be resold.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Now I agree ED maps are better than OTS Cobb but if you get a Cobb you don't get it to run the OTS maps. And MAPs OTS map is free and makes the same as ED, so that argument is moot.

Now Cobb is 650+300(most expensive tune, there are cheaper ones)+400(DSG tune estimate?) = $1350

So once again, unless you're getting special pricing or just different pricing than me Cobb is cheaper, has the ability to live log and allow you to see current specs on the AP, and can be resold.
plus you’ll be able to customize your DSG tune which is huge.

MysticGTI

So with Cobb you can sell the accessport - this is a "selling point" for getting Cobb. Has anyone looked into buying a used one? What do they go for? Why buy new vs used (or vice versa)?

Also, with OTS maps (not pro tune), how do these compare between the Cobb and Eurodyne.

Lastly, for the soon-to-be Cobb DSG tune, the assumption is that this is going to be great. Why? It's completely new - any concerns with unforeseen issues?

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
You can definitely buy used. No real problems with that at all. Only concerns I've heard is people selling theirs with already loaded maps from tuners and the buyer not being to use that map because it's locked out to that accessport and that previous cars.

And Cobb's ots maps are purposely conservative. I think they know people aren't going to use them. Ha. ED maps are better from what I'm seeing and hearing but if you buy Cobb for the ots maps you're doing it wrong.

And the dsg Cobb tune will be great because you'll be able to customize the dsg tune and tuners will have access, through the accessport, to customize dsg tunes just like they do ecu tunes, catered to the customer's car. And your have access to their dsg ots maps just like their ecu ots maps.

Last edited:

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Anybody have any updates on their tunes? Just bought 5150s current ecu/tcu package. Just uploaded Cobb stage 2 ots onto the car since I got my down pipe installed. My dsg isn't supported right now by Cobb but they said it should be very soon.