GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any recommended VW shops in NJ need engine work done

rm5

I got check engine light , shows cylinder 1 misfire . So far found low compression 110 in cylinder 1 other cylinders showing 170+
GTI has 30k miles and stage 1 APR tune .

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
A2B in Randolph, NJ.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Billy is always building motors. He’s a great option (A2B Motorsports)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
KMD in saddle brook NJ is trustworthy and has fair prices.

I forgot about them, lol. All my "difficult" jobs on the mk6 were basically handled by them though nothing engine related really. Suspension, intercooler, brake system, downpipe stuff... I'd say I mostly had a good experience with them with the exception of zero brake pressure after installing new steel brake lines. I still don't know how I survived the drive back to them to this day, lol.

Honestly though, if A2B didn't move so close to where I live, KMD is where I went for everything. It was just a tad bit of drive for me to get there and became a hassle each time requiring lifts. I'd say the majority of their work is very good though.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I forgot about them, lol. All my "difficult" jobs on the mk6 were basically handled by them though nothing engine related really. Suspension, intercooler, brake system, downpipe stuff... I'd say I mostly had a good experience with them with the exception of zero brake pressure after installing new steel brake lines. I still don't know how I survived the drive back to them to this day, lol.

Honestly though, if A2B didn't move so close to where I live, KMD is where I went for everything. It was just a tad bit of drive for me to get there and became a hassle each time requiring lifts. I'd say the majority of their work is very good though.

I drove to KMD once from south Jersey (~2 hour drive, ~$30 in tolls round trip) for a resonator, engine Mount + dogbone Mount install, and they didn’t torque the dogbone Mount properly and it backed out and broke my trans housing while my car was on stock ECU/TCU and under warranty. Warranty was denied due to obvious tampering and it cost me $3K for a new trans after KMD failed to install the part correctly.

I believe they do good work, but my experience was otherwise. Wont ever go back to them.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I drove to KMD once from south Jersey (~2 hour drive, ~$30 in tolls round trip) for a resonator, engine Mount + dogbone Mount install, and they didn’t torque the dogbone Mount properly and it backed out and broke my trans housing while my car was on stock ECU/TCU and under warranty. Warranty was denied due to obvious tampering and it cost me $3K for a new trans after KMD failed to install the part correctly.

I believe they do good work, but my experience was otherwise. Wont ever go back to them.

Yeah I mean honestly, anything can happen when letting someone else work on your car. They either get it right, half ass it, or get it completely wrong. That's why I normally hate taking my car to the shop and wouldn't if I could perform 100% of whatever I need done. Unfortunately I do not have the tools or time for the larger tasks.

You are a moron for still recommending them. Seriously just stop.

I had 1 bad experience of many things they did. Take that for whatever you want. Perhaps just don't get your brakes done by them? That was the only thing they did wrong of many trips I had there. I think just about any shop, reputable or not can have someone working who isn't having the best day and over sees something. It can happen to anyone.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
TCR is the best shop I’ve been to in Jersey. 2 guys, both brothers. They build 1000HP+ RS3’s, they know what the fuck they’re doing.

a great example of their prowess, is how many wrecked MK7 GTIs they have in their lot. As an RS3 shop, they work on expensive cars, and do expensive work. And these cars end up on race tracks. It costs a lot of money to “fuck up” a 70K car that has 30K in mods.

it costs a lot less to take a MK7 GTI, which is on the same platform, to the track and “test the limits.” They literally buy and mod MK7 GTIs to learn the behavior of the MQB chassis at the limit, because they are comfortable junking a 20-30K car, for the sake of the learning experience.

^that, my friends, is legend shit.