GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any issues with wing extensions regarding weather conditions?

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Hey guys, I was looking mostly at the Maxton wing extensions that you simply stick with the adhesive 3M they come with. I was wondering if anyone else has experience in snow climates where the weight of the snow on top of the car if you get a blizzard or something, has it affected the wing? How about in the summer when the car is out in the direct sun light in 98 degree weather? Any issues with it coming off?

Thanks!

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
ive seen temps north of 100 all the way down to below 0deg f, zero issues.

Prep the surface correctly and you'll be fine. zero drama.

bagged_hag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
While I don’t have an extension (yet), I can’t imagine that a properly cleaned surface and extension installed with 3M VHB tape would ever have an issue. In fact, this came up in another thread and this video was posted:

https://www.findtape.com/videos/double-sided-tape-adhesion-test/v4/#

The VHB far out performs everything, and with the surface area available for tape I’m sure it would never be a problem

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Unless it tears off part of the car. LOL

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Mine came off and decapitated 3 hobos and 2 puppies. Thankfully they all had covid, so that's how they determined cause of death. #winning

3M vhb tape is fine as long as you're not planning to tow anything with the spoiler.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The Maxton wing weighs like nothing. Clean the surface with some isopropyl alcohol and use a heat gun to warm the surface and tape.

Mine came off and decapitated 3 hobos and 2 puppies. Thankfully they all had covid, so that's how they determined cause of death. #winning

3M vhb tape is fine as long as you're not planning to tow anything with the spoiler.

You drunk?