GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anti-Theft and Auto lock question

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Hey there,

I just enabled my anti theft system via obdeleven but now my auto lock feature does not work when I walk away. It use to lock like after a minute. Not sure what happened but I disabled the anti theft and it still does not auto lock anymore. Did I accidentally hit something inside the car? I did not change anything else in obd11.

Much Thanks!

cb1111

Hey there,

I just enabled my anti theft system via obdeleven but now my auto lock feature does not work when I walk away. It use to lock like after a minute. Not sure what happened but I disabled the anti theft and it still does not auto lock anymore. Did I accidentally hit something inside the car? I did not change anything else in obd11.

Much Thanks!
It did? What model is that?

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Ok I figured it out from another thread. I swore when I closed my doors it would auto lock after a minute but it only auto locks when I unlock my door with my key fob but I don't up open the door. I have to be out of the proximity zone too.

cb1111

Ok I figured it out from another thread. I swore when I closed my doors it would auto lock after a minute but it only auto locks when I unlock my door with my key fob but I don't up open the door. I have to be out of the proximity zone too.
You had me going there for awhile. I don't think any current US Golf locks when you walk away.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
im pretty sure when im working on my car and i have the doors unlocked and i walk back into the house to get something leaving the range it detects the fob it automatically locks the doors. I believe i seen something about being able to do it with obd11 and able to change the time before it locks. will try out later to confirm.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So just got home and checked this i unlocked the car with key fob then walked in to my house. After i got out of range for it to detect the remote heard car hank to let me know the doors were locked.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
So just got home and checked this i unlocked the car with key fob then walked in to my house. After i got out of range for it to detect the remote heard car hank to let me know the doors were locked.
Thank you for checking. Mine is exactly like that but it doesn't chirp or honk unless I code it. There's also a code to auto lock right away on door slam but I'm not going to do that.